Happy bulldog

Dundeered

Jul 10, 2021
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Geoff
Iā€™m maybe being over sensitive but paranoid Geoff isnā€™t happy and loving life. Whatā€™s the signs I should be looking for to tell me my boy is happy. First time bulldog owner and I love him unconditionally and he is completely spoilt. Sometimes I look at him and think I hope your loving life and happy ( obviously he canā€™t reply and tell me) so what are the tell tale signs of being happy or sad. I canā€™t really tell with his face cause sometimes he gives me the cute stare and I melt. He seems happy and loving life

natashaabramov

Jul 26, 2021
Country
Romania
Bulldog(s) Names
Pablo
Iā€™m maybe being over sensitive but paranoid Geoff isnā€™t happy and loving life. Whatā€™s the signs I should be looking for to tell me my boy is happy. First time bulldog owner and I love him unconditionally and he is completely spoilt. Sometimes I look at him and think I hope your loving life and happy ( obviously he canā€™t reply and tell me) so what are the tell tale signs of being happy or sad. I canā€™t really tell with his face cause sometimes he gives me the cute stare and I melt. He seems happy and loving life

I think his little wrinkly squishy face fools you and makes you doubt he is happy. For me is the fact that he plays, he follows me verywhere and when he sleeps close to me he has to touch me and feel me, his little tail- evan if it's only 10% of a real tail- he wags it sometimes when excited ! You can feel them honestly, you will know if your baby is unhappy for sure.

OP
D

Dundeered

Jul 10, 2021
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Geoff
I think his little wrinkly squishy face fools you and makes you doubt he is happy. For me is the fact that he plays, he follows me verywhere and when he sleeps close to me he has to touch me and feel me, his little tail- evan if it's only 10% of a real tail- he wags it sometimes when excited ! You can feel them honestly, you will know if your baby is unhappy for sure.

When I pick him up from daycare at nanaā€™s, he goes berserk and his bum wiggles which is my tell tale sign he is pleased to see me and when I go through in the morning aswell. I know what you mean about the face. He follows me everywhere. I find it funny when he just goes off and sits on his own and gives a big sigh. He is such a wee character.

tigertanktoo

Mar 31, 2019
SW Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gabe - EBD 7 yrs old and Charlie - Cockerspaniel 15 yrs old
It is very hard to tell.

Bulldogs 16.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
When he goes off to be alone, it is just some time to be quite. Lambeau does it at time, he will just go sit off. Y the door or to the other end of sofa, but the look never is different

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
[emoji23][emoji13][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TooTooMommy

Jun 17, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Meaty, Sophie, & sometimes fosters
Awww...it's sweet that you want to be sure Geoff is happy! How old is he?
I TOTALLY know what you mean about thinking they look sad, but it is
honestly just how their ADORA-BULL faces are made---their mouths are
permanently in what APPEARS to be a sad face ( I LOVE that pik [MENTION=18933]tigertanktoo[/MENTION]
posted---SO pawsome, SO accurate!)

His age and/or if he has any illnesses are also relevant because as you know, if he is showing signs of
unhappiness, pain, etc, they COULD be very subtle. Hubbs and I often say we WISH they
could TELL US what's bothering them !!!

For example, our sweet Meaty is 12 1/2---
actually very healthy except for SEVERE arthritis in his sad wittle elbows :(
We've talked with our vet about whether he's suffering or not, and were
given a very helpful list. If you're concerned, google "signs of a happy dog",
and/or "assessment of dog's quality of life."

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.