Bubbles vomiting carrots.

Terry

Jan 16, 2011
Central Valley, California
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubbles
Last night while cooking dinner I gave Bubbles some carrots, she just threw them all up now? We are talking like 20hrs later??? They were still whole, she is still playful and drinking water. Any ideas??:eek:

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I do know that carrots, just like corn is not digestible. (this is the reason Bella can have them w/o her digestive enzymes) However that does not explain why she threw them up vs passing through whole. If she is acting fine, I wouldn't worry. But if she is not chewing them, break them up smaller for her.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=1722]Terry[/MENTION]

Yep ... Maggie does this with the baby carrots ... and they are whole ... :eek: So she's obviously not chewing them. Now when I give her a carrot it's not the baby type, but the normal big carrots. I get the biggest one there is and peel it and give it to her - she runs off and spends a good 5 mins chewing on it and then it's fine. I think with the baby carrots she's so greedy and scared the other dogs will get it that she just swallows it down whole. With a big normal size carrot she has to take her time and gnaw bits off.

Maybe try that ... and it keeps them quiet for a while too!!! :yes:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Glad she is ok. My boy sometimes eats them so fast they come out the other end whole too. I was also thinking the same thing as kazzy with the whole carrots but havent ever gone that far as to do it. ;)

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I cut Vegas's baby carrots up in bite size pieces as well, but he still inhales the few he gets, and YES :yes: the next morning when he takes a :poo: they come out the same size that I have cut them. As long as she is OK maybe try another treat, Vegas loves frozen green beans, no sugar or calories and yes he :poo: those too. Still better than when he :poo: my hair ties as I have seen many times as well :lol:

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
dogs dont really digest veg,when i add carrots to annies meals i finely grate or pulp them that way they are digested easier and they get the goodness out of them,wouldnt like to see a pooped out carrot lol,karen

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.