I need Help!

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
I noticed last night that when Mojo was sitting on my arm, he left behind something wet. So of course I smelled it. It smelled like bread. So Im assuming that he has yeast in his tail pocket. I clean it everytime he goes out with baby wipes. But I guess he got it anyway. So I used about 5 wipes and cleaned it out really good. Ive looked on here for solutions for it but cant find the threads.

Does anyone know what works besides running to the vet? I cant afford it right now.

Thanks

Laurie

traciehorne

Feb 2, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey, Otis and Diesel
Our Otis had a bad case of Candida on his belly a couple of summers ago after playing in the pool - we washed him, and used peroxide - but that didn't seem to work. I contacted my breeder, and she suggested Miconazole Cream - I had no idea what that was, so I went to the local CVS and asked for a tube of Miconazole, and she gave me Monistat! DUH.. why didn't I think of that!!
I bought a tube, and applied it VERY sparingly to a tiny area (because he has VERY sensitive skin), and it started to heal - I then used it regularly until his Candida cleared up. After some research, I found that Candida can be caused by diet, so we switched him to a Raw Diet (Nature's Variety) and haven't had to use the Monistat in a while.
And it goes without saying - but PLEASE check with your vet first if she/he would recommend that for your baby.
Lots of luck - Hope Mojo feels better

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Hmmm I would say he may need an anal gland expression but the smell when that needs to be done is nothing like bread, it smells awful! I have never heard of any type of oozing (lack of a better word) coming out when the tail pocket needs to be cleaned. When Samson was young and I was first figuring out his tail pocket needed to be cleaned he was scooting his butt on the carpet. Now he does nothing because I clean it thoroughly regularly so it never gets to the point where it seems to bother him. So I guess I don't know what to suggest......Sorry!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
When you cleaned out the tail pocket did you notice that is where the wetness was coming from. Maybe with a dry hand put a couple of fingers in his tail pocket and just test it!!

I too have heard of using an OTC woman's yeast product for yeast. it's also recommended to use a 50/50 solution of apple cider vinegar and water to clean the area once a week.

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
Mocha has never had this problem.She has a very tight corkscrew tail so it is very important to keep it clean(She HATES it when I clean it!) I clean her with the Malacetic wipes and then I dry, and after I put some Gold Bond powder(yellow). I think this routine has helped keep her free of problems there. You may also use A&D.:hug2:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.