URGENT!!! 5 week old puppy's back legs

Shirley Wigglebutt

Jan 16, 2021
Country
N/A
Bulldog(s) Names
N/A
She's a cutie that's for sure! :)

ALMOST makes me wanna go get a puppy now too! I gots my hand full with my Shirley and she really needs all of me in the house. She does have to share me outside though with my 2 horses and 2 mini piggies. Shirley is terrified of both outdoor species!

OP
M

Monster

Mar 8, 2021
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
N/A
ALMOST makes me wanna go get a puppy now too! I gots my hand full with my Shirley and she really needs all of me in the house. She does have to share me outside though with my 2 horses and 2 mini piggies. Shirley is terrified of both outdoor species!

Yes you've definitely got your hands full! I bet it's fun though!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Love that Red coat.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Such a cutie!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
M

Monster

Mar 8, 2021
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
N/A
She's lovely isn't she? I'm glad she's a hit! :)

Shirley Wigglebutt

Jan 16, 2021
Country
N/A
Bulldog(s) Names
N/A
Yes you've definitely got your hands full! I bet it's fun though!

Never a dull moment on the homestead that's for sure! I've had my QH for almost 19 years now and I know him like the back of my hand and he's got a goofy personality, his GF, my draft mare is almost 16 and is worse than a human toddler, always into any and everything. Then my lil piggie girls... they're about 7.5 months old now and are beyond entertaining to spend time with, then of course there's Shirley with the typical bulldog stubbornness but being able to introduce her to finally being able to be a dog is also very entertaining the way she reacts to having a normal uncaged life, like everything is so new to her, even just being outside.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Never a dull moment on the homestead that's for sure! I've had my QH for almost 19 years now and I know him like the back of my hand and he's got a goofy personality, his GF, my draft mare is almost 16 and is worse than a human toddler, always into any and everything. Then my lil piggie girls... they're about 7.5 months old now and are beyond entertaining to spend time with, then of course there's Shirley with the typical bulldog stubbornness but being able to introduce her to finally being able to be a dog is also very entertaining the way she reacts to having a normal uncaged life, like everything is so new to her, even just being outside.

You sure have plenty of diverse entertainment

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
Hi!

I'm about to view and hopefully put a deposit down on a then 6 week old puppy (she is just over 5 weeks now)

The breeder has sent me many photos and a few videos however in a lot of the photos she's sitting like a lizard. Her leg sometimes sticks out too when she's sitting in the position mirroring an archer squat stance.

Is this something to be concerned about please?

Thanks in advance!
Bulldogs are crazy flexible and clumsy when they are puppies. They pose in many ways you would think would hurt. The one leg sticking out to the side is classic bulldog. Wait until she lays on her side with her back legs upright.

OP
M

Monster

Mar 8, 2021
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
N/A
Bulldogs are crazy flexible and clumsy when they are puppies. They pose in many ways you would think would hurt. The one leg sticking out to the side is classic bulldog. Wait until she lays on her side with her back legs upright.

I can't wait!!! ;)

OP
M

Monster

Mar 8, 2021
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
N/A
Just a quick update:

I had a look at the whole litter and unfortunately there was a boy who was perfect for us but also taken. For that reason we passed on this little red girl however the breeder is keeping her for herself so all is well that ends well!

Most Reactions