Todays the day!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Those pictures are so cute!!! Did they try and make him wear a cone?? They made us buy one for maggie despite me telling them over and over again that there is NO WAY she's ever gonna reach down there. So we used it for Daddy because he could reach the stitches. We found it the next day in his cage with all the four corners chewed up.

How old is tubs?? I just love how big and cuddly he is!! :luv:

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION]....no they didn't have him wear a cone because the vet was confident that he couldn't reach his stitches. I told her that I knew he couldn't, so we are all good. The closest he can come to them is his back paw....lol.

He turned 6 months on the 16th!

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
HE IS HOME!!! Everything went well. He came home sooner than expected! I wasn't expecting him home until 3 or 4, but we got a phone call at 12:00 saying "come and get him!" When we walked in he was walking around the waiting room and "walked" right over to me. He wouldn't leave my side, I think he was afraid I might leave him again :(. He is sleeping right now and getting lots of lovin' from Catherine. Thanks for all of the prayers and wishes! I took some pictures of my 2 babies laying on the floor together. I will add them as soon as I upload them! Thanks again for everything!!!!!!:whew:

so very happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug2:glad all went well! xoxoxoxo

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I have Maggie who's a butterball shape, and Daddy who is the long-bodied shape, and both my husband and myself agree that we think we prefer the little round Maggie shape the best. Just like your gorgeous little tubs .... how do you ever stop picking him up and cuddling him!!!!???? :luv:

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I am so glad he did so well! Thank goodness. Gator had his less than a week ago, and you might remember my "freak out" lol. It is so hard to not just worry yourself sick about them!

GET WELL TUBS :)

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION]....no they didn't have him wear a cone because the vet was confident that he couldn't reach his stitches. I told her that I knew he couldn't, so we are all good. The closest he can come to them is his back paw....lol.

He turned 6 months on the 16th!

The vet did put a cone on Gator but I took it off too. Like you said, some of them can barely lick their back paws much less getting into THAT awkward position.

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION]....they only thing keeping us from picking him up all the time is that he is almost 50lbs! However, my daughter picks him up constantly and I don't think he likes it much, but when he lays down on the floor I like to lay with him or I just sit on the floor with him and massage him! :luv: My little love bug!

Just another update for everyone......he is doing really well. He eat a little snack around 3 and then he had a full bowl of food at 6:00. I think he was hungry because he scarfed it down. He is drinking and walking around the house. He really hasn't sat down for the past 2 hours. He is just moazing around! I think it is going to be hard to keep him calm for 10 days if he is doing so well the day of surgery! But I am happy he is doing ok!

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
I haven't been able to keep Gator calm at all. I have to practically follow him around. Is he having any urine incontinence or anything?

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Glad it went so well! Wow 50 lbs at 6 months makes me wonder how big he's going to end up being.

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
[MENTION=1906]GatorRay[/MENTION]....he has been great. Nothing out of the ordinary except he has been a little lethargic. He has been getting up and going to the door to let us know he needs to go out.

[MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION].....he was the biggest, laziest one out of the litter. Dad is a beast! I think he is going to follow in daddy's footsteps! He has a nice waistline thought! :)

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
I am so glad to hear that he isn't having any issues! Gator had some incontinence twice that first night but I think it was because of the anesthesia. I do have to say, I am so glad that is over! Give him hugs and glad he is doing so well :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Glad he is home safe with his loving family :heart:

Most Reactions