Sores on tongue and chin

KrysA724

Aug 4, 2020
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brisket
Hey everyone! Sorry itā€™s been so long! Brisket has been doing well for the most part, but today I noticed something weird.

He was trying to chew on one of my daughters stuffed animals when I noticed he was smacking, so I opened his mouth to try and see if he had anything in there, but instead noticed these...
7B4AE6EC-3E51-433A-82C5-3A4ED84CEBF1.jpeg
0E1FE4BA-F514-4305-8292-F71C3E8FC8DB.jpeg

They look like blisters and are super hard. I donā€™t know if they bother him, but by the way he was smacking, I think he may have mistook them for something in his mouth he picked up off the floor and kept trying to mess with them.

He has some acne on his chin also, and Iā€™ve been cleansing his chin, but the blisters in his mouth are worrying me a little.

Anyone have any ideas of what this could be?
0E5F41FD-9B76-4DA8-B9EC-A77447F7FFEA.jpeg

Hereā€™s a more recent photo of him. Heā€™s gotten so big!

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
He may have eaten a wasp or some other bug. Benadryl would be my first choice if he isn't having any breathing trouble or other major symptoms. Mimi used to eat something in the backyard and get hives all over. Vet said she ate something, maybe a bug, that she shouldn't have. She eventually figured out not to eat that bug, plant whatever. Only happened a few times. Benadryl always helped.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hey everyone! Sorry itā€™s been so long! Brisket has been doing well for the most part, but today I noticed something weird.

He was trying to chew on one of my daughters stuffed animals when I noticed he was smacking, so I opened his mouth to try and see if he had anything in there, but instead noticed these...
View attachment 120455
View attachment 120456

They look like blisters and are super hard. I donā€™t know if they bother him, but by the way he was smacking, I think he may have mistook them for something in his mouth he picked up off the floor and kept trying to mess with them.

He has some acne on his chin also, and Iā€™ve been cleansing his chin, but the blisters in his mouth are worrying me a little.

View attachment 120457

He looks fantastic... so handsome!

I agree... try some Benadryl, if not change in a few days. Iā€™d send those pictures to your vet and have him checked out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
There are two things that I know of that can cause white spots(but I am not a vet) one is Trench mouth(stomatitis) the other is Thrush(yeast stomatitis). If you want, you could try flushing his mouth with a weak mix-peroxide w about 10x water. But he might need antibiotics. The acne on his chin is usually from drinking water and getting a wet chin.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Could he have bitten his tongue? Do those marks line up with his upper teeth?
Stuffed animals can be dangerous for dogs if they ingest the stuffing or the covering. Keep them where he can't get to them is best.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

View attachment 120455
View attachment 120456

View attachment 120457

Funny, was thinking of you last week. Nice to see you back. Little guy sure grew. Still a cutie!

Looks like he bit himself. Try keeping him off the toys n check if itā€™s going down. Btw is that toy on the floor, what is it made out of? Your missing pieces on it.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Just wanted to say he sure is a cutie!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
KrysA724

KrysA724

Aug 4, 2020
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brisket
Funny, was thinking of you last week. Nice to see you back. Little guy sure grew. Still a cutie!

Looks like he bit himself. Try keeping him off the toys n check if itā€™s going down. Btw is that toy on the floor, what is it made out of? Your missing pieces on it.

It is not a toy on the floor. It is one of my kids sandals he got a hold of. That picture was taken of his BUSTED face!

OP
KrysA724

KrysA724

Aug 4, 2020
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brisket
Could he have bitten his tongue? Do those marks line up with his upper teeth?
Stuffed animals can be dangerous for dogs if they ingest the stuffing or the covering. Keep them where he can't get to them is best.

They do line up with his teeth, and he always has a stuffed animal because he has a suckling habit and it puts him to sleep. But once I notice a hole, I toss it.

- - - Updated - - -

There are two things that I know of that can cause white spots(but I am not a vet) one is Trench mouth(stomatitis) the other is Thrush(yeast stomatitis). If you want, you could try flushing his mouth with a weak mix-peroxide w about 10x water. But he might need antibiotics. The acne on his chin is usually from drinking water and getting a wet chin.

Thanks for the info. His chin acne has dissipated and the sores are smaller now. He may have bit himself. So far no signs of anymore.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
They do line up with his teeth, and he always has a stuffed animal because he has a suckling habit and it puts him to sleep. But once I notice a hole, I toss it.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the info. His chin acne has dissipated and the sores are smaller now. He may have bit himself. So far no signs of anymore.

Good to hear it cleared up... hope it stays that way

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Staff online

Members online