SamiSalo

Aug 15, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Salo
Hi,

Does anyone have feedback about this stuff?Vet recommends it. Supports kidney function & (I think) urinary tract systems.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Never heard of it.... [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] ?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hi,

Does anyone have feedback about this stuff?Vet recommends it. Supports kidney function & (I think) urinary tract systems.

Thanks! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Itā€™s Chinese mixed herbs. Been around for centuries but why your vet said for kidney function idk. Itā€™s more for cleaning the liver. Basically it treats chronic liver diseases.

What exactly does your dog have?

OP
SamiSalo

SamiSalo

Aug 15, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Salo
Itā€™s Chinese mixed herbs. Been around for centuries but why your vet said for kidney function idk. Itā€™s more for cleaning the liver. Basically it treats chronic liver diseases.

What exactly does your dog have?

Thx, realized I posted in the wrong forum when it was too late.

Kidney disease. One functioning kidney left. Already taking supplements. She recommended adding 2 more. I declined because its expensive/doesnā€™t last long. Couldnā€™t find anything relevant online either.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Thx, realized I posted in the wrong forum when it was too late.

Kidney disease. One functioning kidney left. Already taking supplements. She recommended adding 2 more. I declined because its expensive/doesnā€™t last long. Couldnā€™t find anything relevant online either.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is she a holistic vet??? You see, when it comes to Chinese medicine, rule #1. NEVER mix with his regular meds. If any, what meds your vet gave you? Basically stick to either or....BUT kidney meds will only camouflage doesnā€™t cure. When it comes to an organ disorder extremely rare any doctors/vets will cure the issue. It will come n go or never leave. Chinese medicine has been around for thousands of years. Some are worth trying.... But you canā€™t mix. Some vets will say thereā€™s no issue but I personally would not.

You need to bring up his enzyme n the probiotics intake. Why a raw diet is loaded of both . Or home cook for him.

https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/kidney-disease-why-natural-treatments-are-best/

https://www.homevet.com/holistic-approaches-to-chronic-kidney-disease/

OP
SamiSalo

SamiSalo

Aug 15, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Salo
Is she a holistic vet??? You see, when it comes to Chinese medicine, rule #1. NEVER mix with his regular meds. If any, what meds your vet gave you? Basically stick to either or....BUT kidney meds will only camouflage doesnā€™t cure. When it comes to an organ disorder extremely rare any doctors/vets will cure the issue. It will come n go or never leave. Chinese medicine has been around for thousands of years. Some are worth trying.... But you canā€™t mix. Some vets will say thereā€™s no issue but I personally would not.

You need to bring up his enzyme n the probiotics intake. Why a raw diet is loaded of both . Or home cook for him.

https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/kidney-disease-why-natural-treatments-are-best/

https://www.homevet.com/holistic-approaches-to-chronic-kidney-disease/

Morning,

Sheā€™s a holistic vet & Salo eats a raw diet & takes probiotics.

We went in for a UTI. Culture confirmed ecoli. She recommended the powder & NaturPet Urinary Care & prescribed an antibiotic.

She recommended continuing the liquid & powder for at least 2 months to see the impact on future blood tests & urinalysis.

Stopped the powder because I couldnā€™t find anything online to justify it. So I thought Iā€™d quickly check here too.

Liquid, looked online & reviews arenā€™t anything special. Trying the pet wellbeing equivalent instead.

Salo takes additional daily supplements for kidney health. Sheā€™s not trying to cure his disease. She just wants to stabilize his ā€œnumbersā€. We check his blood/ creatinine & urine every 2 months to stay on top of things.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Morning,

Sheā€™s a holistic vet & Salo eats a raw diet & takes probiotics.

We went in for a UTI. Culture confirmed ecoli. She recommended the powder & NaturPet Urinary Care & prescribed an antibiotic.

She recommended continuing the liquid & powder for at least 2 months to see the impact on future blood tests & urinalysis.

Stopped the powder because I couldnā€™t find anything online to justify it. So I thought Iā€™d quickly check here too.

Liquid, looked online & reviews arenā€™t anything special. Trying the pet wellbeing equivalent instead.

Salo takes additional daily supplements for kidney health. Sheā€™s not trying to cure his disease. She just wants to stabilize his ā€œnumbersā€. We check his blood/ creatinine & urine every 2 months to stay on top of things.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well youā€™re doing the right thing n a good job!! Ask her about Oil Of Oregano. I use it every other day for myself n my 2 EB as itā€™s Mother Natureā€™s antibiotic. When I start having a sore throat, I put 2 drops under my tongue morning n night. It burns your tongue if youre swishing it around. Get a glass of water ready or mix in your food. Takes about 2 days n itā€™s gone. For the dogs I mix it in their food. They get only 2drops every other day. Just like antibiotics, OOO is powerful n you cannot give it more than 14days straight. But as maintenance ever other day is great.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Well youā€™re doing the right thing n a good job!! Ask her about Oil Of Oregano. I use it every other day for myself n my 2 EB as itā€™s Mother Natureā€™s antibiotic. When I start having a sore throat, I put 2 drops under my tongue morning n night. It burns your tongue if youre swishing it around. Get a glass of water ready or mix in your food. Takes about 2 days n itā€™s gone. For the dogs I mix it in their food. They get only 2drops every other day. Just like antibiotics, OOO is powerful n you cannot give it more than 14days straight. But as maintenance ever other day is great.

You got me curious on the OOO. What are the benefits of giving it every other day to the mutts as maintenance?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
You got me curious on the OOO. What are the benefits of giving it every other day to the mutts as maintenance?

Great against bacterial, viral n fungal infections, ear mites, candida, water-borne illnesses n as a de-wormer or even giardia.

Jake had a urine infection vet said he has a debut infection with some crystals. Go figure. My vet was out n got someone else in his office. Said... be wise to put him on a ā€œurine balanced kibblesā€ Yeah right!! Poor vet had an earful. Like raw is loaded with enzymes n probiotics which basically kidneys needs to filter. I donā€™t go to vets much. Extremely rare unless itā€™s a life n death situation. Started giving him OOO daily n in a week or so will get another urine sample tested. Heā€™s stopped peeing everywhere so I know itā€™s working. I would give OOO every 4days or 5 but Jake will be getting it every 2days once 2nd test is done. Nyala, well she made out of cast iron.

In a nutshell hereā€™s a great link.... Iā€™ll post it in the holistic thread :yes:

https://www.dogster.com/dog-food/oregano-oil-for-dogs-what-to-know

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Great against bacterial, viral n fungal infections, ear mites, candida, water-borne illnesses n as a de-wormer or even giardia.

Jake had a urine infection vet said he has a debut infection with some crystals. Go figure. My vet was out n got someone else in his office. Said... be wise to put him on a ā€œurine balanced kibblesā€ Yeah right!! Poor vet had an earful. Like raw is loaded with enzymes n probiotics which basically kidneys needs to filter. I donā€™t go to vets much. Extremely rare unless itā€™s a life n death situation. Started giving him OOO daily n in a week or so will get another urine sample tested. Heā€™s stopped peeing everywhere so I know itā€™s working. I would give OOO every 4days or 5 but Jake will be getting it every 2days once 2nd test is done. Nyala, well she made out of cast iron.

In a nutshell hereā€™s a great link.... Iā€™ll post it in the holistic thread :yes:

If I were to order it from Amazon, which brand would you recommend?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
If I were to order it from Amazon, which brand would you recommend?
I bought mine at Costco. I havenā€™t set foot in Costco since last year. I refuse to support big boxes while our locals are closing up. But that being said itā€™s the one in the front of the pic. Both are great.

9AAA5F06-55D7-4FBA-A9D0-AFE0780B83C6.jpeg

OP
SamiSalo

SamiSalo

Aug 15, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Salo

Thx, I will ask. Salo eats 3 times/day now. That said, you still suggest 2 drops, 1 meal, every 2 days?

Getting another culture - lately his junk is wet after 5+ hours. If it comes back negative, Iā€™m guessing sheā€™ll recommend Proin again. Would be the first time since the kidney disease diagnosis. Stopped after the stone surgery itā€™s been fine until now.

Maybe Iā€™ll give your OOO a try first.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Thx, I will ask. Salo eats 3 times/day now. That said, you still suggest 2 drops, 1 meal, every 2 days?

Getting another culture - lately his junk is wet after 5+ hours. If it comes back negative, Iā€™m guessing sheā€™ll recommend Proin again. Would be the first time since the kidney disease diagnosis. Stopped after the stone surgery itā€™s been fine until now.

Maybe Iā€™ll give your OOO a try first.

How old is your dog n his weight...

Info :)

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I bought mine at Costco. I havenā€™t set foot in Costco since last year. I refuse to support big boxes while our locals are closing up. But that being said itā€™s the one in the front of the pic. Both are great.

View attachment 120409

These look to be Canadian brands. What does specifically should I look for in a good quality OOO?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.