KrysA724

Aug 4, 2020
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brisket
Hey guys,

So lately things have been hectic, with me starting a new job (remote), and my kids going to school full time here at home, Iā€™ve been crazy busy. But yesterday, I noticed Brisket sitting on the edge of his dog bed, and the tip of his penis was red and swollen. It Looks inflamed and in a donut shape. From what I have seen online, it looks like a prolapsed urethra, but he hasnā€™t complained or acted any different. I donā€™t think it bothers him. I read that it can often reappear after treatment, and if it does not cause any discomfort is not a big deal. Does anyone have any experience with this? Thereā€™s no excessive licking or anything, and he urinates regularly. I had been putting antibiotic ointment before until I was able to find out what it was. He has a vet appointment on Friday. But hoping to hear from others so that Iā€™m not talked into an unnecessary surgery.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
No personal experience but usually a prolapsed urethra is like a bloody crime scene. Not sure if it starts out like what youā€™re describing but Iā€™d probably do a vet visit. Neutering is usually recommended for a prolapsed urethra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
KrysA724

KrysA724

Aug 4, 2020
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brisket
No blood.
It looks like this, found a picture online.

E4831A17-34CC-4B89-B7B5-A1B750541D55.jpeg

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Jake has a vasectomy so basically he has all still going n his looks like that on n off n itā€™s not prolapsed urethra.

Vet visit is good to rule out or not prolapsed urethra. Usually it bleeds n you didnā€™t mentioned that...

OP
KrysA724

KrysA724

Aug 4, 2020
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brisket
Jake has a vasectomy so basically he has all still going n his looks like that on n off n itā€™s not prolapsed urethra.

Vet visit is good to rule out or not prolapsed urethra. Usually it bleeds n you didnā€™t mentioned that...

No his does not bleed at all, he doesnā€™t lick it and it doesnā€™t bother him. I donā€™t even think he has noticed it. Thatā€™s what puzzles me. I use a q-tip to put antibiotic ointment on it and it doesnā€™t seem to hurt.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
No his does not bleed at all, he doesnā€™t lick it and it doesnā€™t bother him. I donā€™t even think he has noticed it. Thatā€™s what puzzles me. I use a q-tip to put antibiotic ointment on it and it doesnā€™t seem to hurt.

These dogs canā€™t reach any further than their front paws lolll....

OP
KrysA724

KrysA724

Aug 4, 2020
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brisket
These dogs canā€™t reach any further than their front paws lolll....

���� thatā€™s true!!!

Update tho! I continued using the ointment, and the swelling seems to have gone down and it went from a dark red tip to a darker pink but it seems to be getting better. Iā€™m hoping it was just some small type of infection. Still have an appointment Friday. But hoping itā€™ll be better by then

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
ļæ½ļæ½ļæ½ļæ½ thatā€™s true!!!

Update tho! I continued using the ointment, and the swelling seems to have gone down and it went from a dark red tip to a darker pink but it seems to be getting better. Iā€™m hoping it was just some small type of infection. Still have an appointment Friday. But hoping itā€™ll be better by then

Itā€™s a male, need to release themselves. Iā€™m sure heā€™s fine... keep us posted...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I have no experience with this..... I hope if it is that you got it early

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.