allergy injections

Mugzilla

Mar 24, 2010
southern bell
Bulldog(s) Names
www.myspace.com/queenlatillyjo
so, we decided to stop tilly jo's allergy injections. she has severe allergies, but she's just not building up an immunity to the injections and we're never able to go to a higher dose. even at the lowest dose, she still has to have steroid pills bc she has bad reactions--and she's highly sensitive to the steriods. thankfully, we have her food allergies taken care of and have eliminated what we can of the environmental allergies. some cannot be helped but i think, in tilly's case, it's probably best to simply treat her allergies instead of trying to help her become immune to them. she's so miserable from the injections most of the time.

has anyone had good success with injections? anyone else give up on them?

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I've never dealt with the injections. We just do an antihistamine, atarx, and strict diet. Poor Tilly! I just hope you find a solution where she can be comfortable.

Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
Our Sarah had allergy injections, but it never seemed to help her. This was many years ago. She was an imported puppy from hungary, we got her from a broker. When she arrived to us by plane, she was so tiny we were shocked!!! She was bleeding from her ears and had pnuemonia. Did the broker help us? Of course not!!!

I don't know if it was the injections that did not help her, or if it was that we were traveling. Her injections were created upon where we lived (Tucson), but we were traveling the USA and in some very allergic places such as Florida. Hot, humid, and full of flowers and grass. We felt so bad for her, that we sent her to Lindathedogsmaid, where she lived most of her life. Then Linda asked for us to take her back, so we did, now back in Tucson. Well, she was not adjusting well to our home of bullies, and I think Molly and her were stressed out, which was making it so much worse for sarah. So my best buddy offered to take her for her final year or two. She is now happy, healthy, tear stain free, and she feeds her Avoderm. Once she got back to Tucson and was with my best buddy, feeding her Avoderm Salmon, she made a vast improvement. So, did those injections help her with TUCSON allergies? It is quite possible. Linda lives in Oregon, and while we were traveling we lived in numerous states throughout the USA, mostly east coast, where there is many trees, grasses, and humid areas. Maybe the injections for Tucson DID help her. Dunno. I know that my wife did the whole series of them, so she did complete the process.

Now that Sarah lives in Tucson again, and is eating Avoderm, she is doing amazing. We were heartbroken to ever let her go- she was like my wifes child, with all the medical attention she had to give her. We are very VERY fortunate though, that she has always been in our life when even though we had to part with her. She is now almost 9 years old, proof that even a sick little girl can live a long life.

I would like to tell you about how miserable she was. Her eyes DRIPPED. They were like faucets. We had the wrinkles surgically removed from her face. Her eyes swelled so bad that she got cherry eye and entropion. She rubbed her face on the rugs and furniture. It was covered in yeast. She smelled awful, like fish. (yeast) Her face was always bleeding from the constant rubbing. Her eyes were like slits, she could barely open them. Her paws were white, but you would never know it cuz they were so red and yeasty.

Since we were traveling to a different state every few weeks, we knew we could not put her through that misery anymore. I still often wonder, if we had support and belonged to a place like this site, would we have made the same choices for sarah? I dunno, I still think we did the right thing for her, but still.... you cannot help but wonder if things could have been different....

Jenni0109

Apr 30, 2010
Lithia, Fl
Bulldog(s) Names
Tilly
Have you tried her on a medication called Atopica??? Its kinda pricey but have seen good result with it.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.