Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Need help now!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AceRN View Post
    Thank you everyone for the support. Edison stayed standing in his crate till 11:30pm even though I medicated him for the pain. I stayed with him all night, just to be near in case he needed anything.
    Day 2 - he had an allergic reaction to his antibiotic, (shortness of breath, then n/v/d) I had to give him Benadryl then I notified his vet. His antibiotic was changed. His food was changed to: White meat steamed chicken, brown rice and pumpkin.
    Today he is back to himself like nothing has ever happened. He is to cute He has already gotten out of his inflatable collar and popped it. Ah, but me being the great bully mom I am, I purchased 2 at a time!!! He is ready to play with his basset hounds and cats but alas another night in his crate. His outside time is still on the leash, but he has never showed an problems with his 2 front paws and the stitches loook great.Thank you all for the responses
    Greta news! Picture of the little guy when you get a chance

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

2. Likes TooTooMommy liked this post
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Fantastic news!!!

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

4. Likes TooTooMommy liked this post
    Dog Park Attendant Become a 4 Paw Member thett's Avatar
    Real Name
    Theresa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Stella, Harvey
    Likes (Received)

Just seeing this post and so glad to get to the end and hear he is doing so much better!!

6. Likes TooTooMommy liked this post
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meaty, Sophie, & sometimes fosters
    Likes (Received)

Aww!! I was getting worried until I read your wonder-bull update !!! Sooo happy he's okay !!!
    And I LOVE that you were prepared with TWO collars !!! That is the kind of thing I do, too!

I do have a question, though.....After our Meaty was neutered and Sophie was spayed, we didn't
    use cones/collars since bulldogs *usually* can't physically reach those areas on their own. I'm so curious if
    any bulldog owners have had ones that could actually lick their incisions/ staples in that area?

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meaty, Sophie, & sometimes fosters
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    Glad he’s doing great!! Takes a good 10days.. if he’s on antibiotics, try giving him fermented sauerkraut or fermented veggies in the fridge section. Antibiotics always kills the gut flora so fermented food will keep it going.

Yassss !!!! Ugh, I wish every vet (AND "hooman" doctor) would educate everybully about this!!!
    It's horri-bull how many people / animals suffer from a secondary yeast infection because they
    didn't know antibiotics kill our good gut flora. WHHHY do they not tell patients this? One time I nicely asked our vet if we could give probiotics while our doggies were on antibiotics,
    and he looked at me as though I were crazy....seriously???

I've had multiple "hooman" female friends vent that they ended up with a horrible yeast infection while taking antibiotics, and NO ONE at their doctor's office warned them or suggested things they could eat to avoid a super-infection ....ugh !!!

9. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

@TooTooMommy. Vet schools don’t teach about food, nor vasectomies or tying tubes etc. like a doctor, they know noting of meds or food as they’re taught the basics in meds but a pharmacist, yes that’s the person you want to talk to as it’s them that tells doctors about meds. I know a few doctors n they did say the same they get free samples with info or they go to Pharmaceutical seminars etc.. nowadays we have the internet so easier to look up. But yes definitely vets are not there to tell you about probiotics. If you have a healthy dog they won’t make any $$$. Sadly it’s up to us to educate ourselves n take over. I’ve personally never given any of my dogs all the annually shots recommended. They got it as pups from the breeders but that’s it. I’m not saying to anyone not to go for shots but I don’t. A healthy body falls under the diet a pet will eat just like humans.

11. Likes anatess liked this post
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie (RIP) & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    @TooTooMommy. Vet schools don’t teach about food, nor vasectomies or tying tubes etc. like a doctor, they know noting of meds or food as they’re taught the basics in meds but a pharmacist, yes that’s the person you want to talk to as it’s them that tells doctors about meds. I know a few doctors n they did say the same they get free samples with info or they go to Pharmaceutical seminars etc.. nowadays we have the internet so easier to look up. But yes definitely vets are not there to tell you about probiotics. If you have a healthy dog they won’t make any $$$. Sadly it’s up to us to educate ourselves n take over. I’ve personally never given any of my dogs all the annually shots recommended. They got it as pups from the breeders but that’s it. I’m not saying to anyone not to go for shots but I don’t. A healthy body falls under the diet a pet will eat just like humans.
    I'm with you on the shots. My dogs get the rabies shots because it's required by law but that's pretty much it.

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

13. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    Have Bulldog Will Travel Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Chip
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey, Lala, & MINI
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TooTooMommy View Post

I do have a question, though.....After our Meaty was neutered and Sophie was spayed, we didn't
    use cones/collars since bulldogs *usually* can't physically reach those areas on their own. I'm so curious if
    any bulldog owners have had ones that could actually lick their incisions/ staples in that area?
    I would think the cone was more about the duclaw excision than the neuter.

Who says Bulldogs can't fly?

15. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Edison Fitzgerald
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for the information, but will he get diarrhea from it? He has only had bland “people” food so far... what about yogurt? I know it has lactobacillus. Any other foods to offer? Fermented food will have a high yeast content. I thought with bullies you had to watch for extra air in the gut, so to speak....

Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Edison Fitzgerald
    Likes (Received)

Yes, Oscarmayer was right, I’m using the inflatable collar for the dewclaw excision. Edison used his front dewclaw like talons on my lower front shins. To the point that my md was trying to make me get rid of my baby. I was on antibiotics every other month for wounds inflicted by his dewclaws. I would not think of getting rid of him, so the dewclaws went. It doesn’t seem to bother him a bit.
    -68aa93b5-bd24-4ed7-8582-c42d663fc703-jpeg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -f41fd74e-c3bd-4c18-8a37-34549324b363-jpeg  

18. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for the information, but will he get diarrhea from it? He has only had bland “people” food so far... what about yogurt? I know it has lactobacillus. Any other foods to offer? Fermented food will have a high yeast content. I thought with bullies you had to watch for extra air in the gut, so to speak....
    Yogurt is on the dairy side I would avoid that. But that’s me. And no fermented food doesn’t create yeast. If the gut is clean n the flora is balanced it actually helps to get rid of yeast in ears, tear stains etc. Soft stools can occur till gut is balanced out then the stool will get back to normal. I would give maybe just a TEAspoon for now not more. Jump a day like give it every 2 days.

Pooper scooper walterenglishbulldog's Avatar
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Walter
    Likes (Received)

My bulldog was just neutered and dew claws removed today,, brought him home a 5:30pm est, placed him in his crate, he won’t sit down,it is now 7:15pm he is still to groggy from anesthesia to medicate, what do I do to help him?

My bulldog will be neutered next week. How old is your puppy? Also around how much did you pay? If you dont mind me asking. Just wanna have an idea how much neutering for bulldog is

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads