Help Needed! blood in urine and blood clots female bulldog 3.5 yes old spayed

Bulldogdadof3

Jun 28, 2020
Country
us
Bulldog(s) Names
Booger and Buffy
I have a 3.5 year english bulldog who started urinating blood clots or blobs today. The first once I noticed was around the size of a dime. A few pee's later still blood in urine and smaller clots in clusters. Took to avets and she peed again and there was a lot more blood this time. Did uti test and came back negative they are going to send it out anyways for a second opinion. Waiting on xray and blood work to come back now. She started doxycycline at 2pm today due to developing symptoms of kennel cough following a bordatella live vaccine. Shes eating drinking and demeanor is normal but im worried about missing a diagnosis. Vet is currently saying if there are no findings we would monitor her for a few days and then need to sch ultrasound with their internal medicine. My only issue is I'm very crazy about my bullies and I dont like to miss anything in the workups just to have to wait for a specalist appointment to do the same tests at a later date. Has anyone else ever experienced this with their bully or have other ideas of what could cause it?
Also she hasn't had any trauma to the area to cause the bleeding. She was spayed at 8 months shes now 3.5.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I hope they can find out what is causing this since it is not a UTI. We will be thinking of your bully and please let us know what they find out. It could also be a kidney infection.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
I would be hoping for a UTI...something easily treatable. Could be stones. Blood in urine and no UTI is not a good way to be.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I was also thinking bladder or kidney stones. [MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION] [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] [MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION]

sending prayers and positive thoughts

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Cystitis, Liver or kidney disease.stones in the bladder, or kidney stones, can be causes of bleeding.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Castor sends his best wishes and we hope your girl soon feels better!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online