Protrusion from back leg area

MSUDawg

Dec 3, 2014
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Any ideas? This popped up about a week ago we believe but our Bella hasn't missed a beat.
She is about to turn 6 years old. She's been going on mile walks for a couple of days, with us until we noticed this area.
She seems to have no discomfort. Jumps on the couch fine, didn't favor either leg during walking.
I can touch this area and softly squeeze it, it seems rather hard, but she doesn't seem to react to me touching or squeezing it.
It's on the outside part of her lower leg. Muscles feel normal (from what I can tell).

Any ideas?
2d4e661cfc322160a22e03d47dcf9f3e.jpg
78a3a2fd0ea210bf749c2c1429a1f097.jpg
f50ae67f84a456850803ca9f6e5b0642.jpg

#HailState

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
If you can touch, squeeze, pinch etc, I’m think she hit the area. Yes definitely a vet check might be good but I would wait n give cold compression on the area. If you have essential oils like frankincense or lavender you can rub some on as they’re anti inflammatory oils. :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
My goodness she is a beauty, what a face.

I would have the vet check as it could be absolutely nothing or an abscess needing to be drained

OP
M

MSUDawg

Dec 3, 2014
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
If you can touch, squeeze, pinch etc, I’m think she hit the area. Yes definitely a vet check might be good but I would wait n give cold compression on the area. If you have essential oils like frankincense or lavender you can rub some on as they’re anti inflammatory oils. :)
Can do that and little reaction but it feels hard, almost bone hard which just scares me.

Vet appointment set for Monday afternoon.

Just was seeing if anyone had any ideas. Will try cold compress and lavender

#HailState

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Can do that and little reaction but it feels hard, almost bone hard which just scares me.

Vet appointment set for Monday afternoon.

Just was seeing if anyone had any ideas. Will try cold compress and lavender

#HailState

Vet check definitely.... but do keep us posted!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
She is a beauty :heart: I agree with others, could be minor, but a vet check is in order. Let us know what the vet says.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.