Stress holiday packing diarrhea ? Is it a thing?

Zedsded

Mar 30, 2015
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley (2015-2020) Wesley 2021
Hi all, Dudley is in the middle of a bout of diarrhea Which started a week ago and we think was triggered by a ā€œtreatā€ of a new tin of food which he hasnā€™t had for over a year we immediately swop straight back to his normal food and he recovered Over a few days back to almost normal.

Then 3 days ago he suddenly had diarrhea again without any changes to his food at all! This happens to coincide with our suitcases coming downstairs and packing for our holidays so now we are wondering if he is stressed thinking we are leaving him! (Weā€™re not heā€™s coming with us to Cornwall)

He does know something is going on though!

My question is, has anyone experienced anything like this? Or is it purely a coincidence?

Heā€™s booked into the vets today so hopefully this will help.

Cheers
Simon.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi all, Dudley is in the middle of a bout of diarrhea Which started a week ago and we think was triggered by a ā€œtreatā€ of a new tin of food which he hasnā€™t had for over a year we immediately swop straight back to his normal food and he recovered Over a few days back to almost normal.

Then 3 days ago he suddenly had diarrhea again without any changes to his food at all! This happens to coincide with our suitcases coming downstairs and packing for our holidays so now we are wondering if he is stressed thinking we are leaving him! (Weā€™re not heā€™s coming with us to Cornwall)

He does know something is going on though!

My question is, has anyone experienced anything like this? Or is it purely a coincidence?

Heā€™s booked into the vets today so hopefully this will help.

Cheers
Simon.

Yes, bulldogs are very OCD and dogs in general get stressed when there are changes going on.

Our first bulldog would go poo right where he was stand if we moved a piece of furniture with him in the room

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Zedsded

Zedsded

Mar 30, 2015
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley (2015-2020) Wesley 2021
Yes, bulldogs are very OCD and dogs in general get stressed when there are changes going on.

Our first bulldog would go poo right where he was stand if we moved a piece of furniture with him in the room

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They really are weird dogs :yes:

Well lets hope thats what it could be and when he realises hes coming with us tomorrow to his favourite place, the beach! He gets back to normal

Thanks for the info

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Staff online

Members online