ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Many of you know about Walter's issue w/his anal glands... and he would daily go thru this barking at his butt thing, which we always attributed to his anals being full. This week he had a vet visit because he has a superficial tear in his eye, and I mentioned to her that he was limping on his back leg again. He would do it occasionally, and then go back to his normal self. She checked his leg, and of course it was fine... attributed it to inflammation and put him on Carprofen for leg soreness. This past week I have noticed that he hasn't growled at his back end... not even once. I guess it was his leg and NOT his anals :facepalm2:

SO now my question is this... she told me I could give him an anti-inflammatory w/turmeric for his leg... I started him on movoflex a couple of months ago, and he seems to tolerate it pretty good. I have the recipe for the turmeric paste which I can make, but what is good anti-inflammatory that I can give him?!!

Thanks for the input... and I hope everyone has a great weekend!!! :bulldog:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Many of you know about Walter's issue w/his anal glands... and he would daily go thru this barking at his butt thing, which we always attributed to his anals being full. This week he had a vet visit because he has a superficial tear in his eye, and I mentioned to her that he was limping on his back leg again. He would do it occasionally, and then go back to his normal self. She checked his leg, and of course it was fine... attributed it to inflammation and put him on Carprofen for leg soreness. This past week I have noticed that he hasn't growled at his back end... not even once. I guess it was his leg and NOT his anals :facepalm2:

SO now my question is this... she told me I could give him an anti-inflammatory w/turmeric for his leg... I started him on movoflex a couple of months ago, and he seems to tolerate it pretty good. I have the recipe for the turmeric paste which I can make, but what is good anti-inflammatory that I can give him?!!

Anti inflammatory = turmeric paste [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

Why don’t you do the essential oils? I can give you a recipe? Do you have CBD oil? Let me go did a great recipe for you.....

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
You think the paste will be enough?!!

I give Cheli 1/8 teaspoon twice a day. Lambeau 1/4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Why don’t you do the essential oils? I can give you a recipe? Do you have CBD oil? Let me go did a great recipe for you.....

What essential oils could I use? We tried CBD oil on Walter, and it made him agitated more than normal... Lol

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
No no you can use CBD tropical. Helps reduce pain in a specific area or localize the area. It won’t penetrate in the bloodstream like orally. Tropical cannabis eases the pain faster. Like Jake takes CBD for anxiety as it needs to go in the bloodstream. But for arthritis or joint pains etc, creams or oils are better cause simply works faster.

1/2 cup of Shea butter or coconut butter
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup aloe Vera gel
2 teaspoon of CBD get the stronger ones
Add any fragrance of essential oil. As you know I swear by Frankenstein. But you can use lavender. Mix it all together n use a double boiler not to damage the oils. Let it cool for about a good hr.. :)

Or use frankincense straight up. I like this recipe as it works for my shoulder when it acts up.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Try the turmeric.
if that doesn't work and the CBD didn't work...then the only thing left is the real stuff. Coming legally to a state near you.

bulldoggy1.jpg

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.