KrysA724

Aug 4, 2020
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brisket
Hey guys,

I am shopping for pet insurance that covers everything possible with the best rate, but there are so many different providers and Iā€™m not sure which plan to go with. I know bulldogs require plenty of care and I want to be sure I choose a plan that will minimize my out of pocket costs. Any suggestions?

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I had a bad experience w/pet insurance... because some conditions were considered pre-existing AFTER they said they would cover the surgery. We decided to just keep money in a savings account to use for bulldog emergencies.

OP
KrysA724

KrysA724

Aug 4, 2020
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brisket
I had a bad experience w/pet insurance... because some conditions were considered pre-existing AFTER they said they would cover the surgery. We decided to just keep money in a savings account to use for bulldog emergencies.

Yea that's what makes me second guess them. Our Brisket may have stenotic nares and feel that surgery may not be covered.

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Yea that's what makes me second guess them. Our Brisket may have stenotic nares and feel that surgery may not be covered.

I had pet insurance for my first Bully. It was just not worth the trouble. They wiggle out of payment for everything. What it DID cover was minimal and just a pain to submit claims. We decided against it. I guess it would be ok for accidents, etc. But anything pre existing is negated. Hopefully he will grow and the nares will enlarge!

OP
KrysA724

KrysA724

Aug 4, 2020
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brisket
I really hope so, the vet said they would examine them further on his appointment day and take it from there. She said the sooner it is corrected though the less long term issues he may have, but I donā€™t want to put our baby through a surgery so young! Scary!

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
We have a dedicated savings account for pet emergencies. We had insurance for our dachshund and only used it once ot twice (luckily) and got back just a few $$ . We finally cancelled because the premiums kept going up and we figured those preiums would be better off in our bank account to be used if necessary.

OP
KrysA724

KrysA724

Aug 4, 2020
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brisket
That's a good idea. I think I will do the same and just save up. I believe our vet takes payment plans on surgeries also, so maybe pet insurance isn't the way to go. Especially since EBs usually suffer from issue that are often considered "pre-existing." Insurance is a scam! :rolleyes:

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I have had a good experience with pet insurance. I have Nationwide's whole pet with wellness plan for my French Bulldog Jax. He was diagnosed with IVDD in July 2017 and has had 3 surgeries and MRI's since then and they covered 90% which is great since the cost for everything was well over $20,000.

OP
KrysA724

KrysA724

Aug 4, 2020
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brisket
I have had a good experience with pet insurance. I have Nationwide's whole pet with wellness plan for my French Bulldog Jax. He was diagnosed with IVDD in July 2017 and has had 3 surgeries and MRI's since then and they covered 90% which is great since the cost for everything was well over $20,000.

Really? Maybe I should check them out. I just took brisket to the vet today and he got a chest X-ray and some antibiotics. Came out to about $200. Maybe that insurance wouldā€™ve helped with that.

Epc2188

Jun 27, 2020
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
I have healthy paws...only negative with them is they dont cover exam fees or maintenace like shots and grooming....no issues with claims direct deposit to my checking within a week.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Staff online

Members online