Mild Vaginitis

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Jojo was diagnosed with mild vaginitis today. Earlier before calling/going to the vet, after she peed, I saw a really long light green strip of mucus hanging from her girl bits. Jo went into heat early and was spayed sometime after 5 months. She is 8 months now.

When I called the vet, she asked us to bring her in urgently in case it was something serious. After checking Jo out, she said that she could see some discharge internally but it wasn't too much and gave me the option to do antibiotics or not...She said that I could come back for the antibiotics if things don't clear up. Since going to the vet is super inconvenient for me: it takes me an hour because of living on a mountain, curbside pickup, needing to go during work hours etc...I asked for the antibiotics so I could have them but I'm planning to wait a few days before starting them to see if this clears up on its own esp. since it is mild right now.

So my question is - what holistic options do I have? I read online that probiotics will help. I was giving her Kefir for a bit, but it seemed to upset her stomach so I stopped. Think I should try probiotics in a different form again?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Jojo was diagnosed with mild vaginitis today. Earlier before calling/going to the vet, after she peed, I saw a really long light green strip of mucus hanging from her girl bits. Jo went into heat early and was spayed sometime after 5 months. She is 8 months now.

When I called the vet, she asked us to bring her in urgently in case it was something serious. After checking Jo out, she said that she could see some discharge internally but it wasn't too much and gave me the option to do antibiotics or not...She said that I could come back for the antibiotics if things don't clear up. Since going to the vet is super inconvenient for me: it takes me an hour because of living on a mountain, curbside pickup, needing to go during work hours etc...I asked for the antibiotics so I could have them but I'm planning to wait a few days before starting them to see if this clears up on its own esp. since it is mild right now.

So my question is - what holistic options do I have? I read online that probiotics will help. I was giving her Kefir for a bit, but it seemed to upset her stomach so I stopped. Think I should try probiotics in a different form again?

Can you get raw goats milk? THK sells a powered form....
Cranberry pills help too

Banks used to get them a lot, after the third bad infection which would not go away, we had to have vulvaplasty procedure done as she had too much skin in the area and it was a yeasty breeding ground.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
nubonics

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Can you get raw goats milk? THK sells a powered form....
Cranberry pills help too

Banks used to get them a lot, after the third bad infection which would not go away, we had to have vulvaplasty procedure done as she had too much skin in the area and it was a yeasty breeding ground.

I have seen goat's milk at whole foods, not sure if it's raw. I'll give that a go...

Think I can add cranberries to her homemade food vs pills? Or will pill form be better since it is more concentrated?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I have seen goat's milk at whole foods, not sure if it's raw. I'll give that a go...

Think I can add cranberries to her homemade food vs pills? Or will pill form be better since it is more concentrated?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I used powder cranberry, I think I got it at an organic market.
Not sure which would be better, but neither would be bad as they will help

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online