Another trip to the vet :(

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
So last night after all of my cooking I noticed Tubs had a red eye and he couldn't keep it open and it just didn't look right. I decided to wait until the morning to see if it was any better. This morning it looked better, so I thought it was just a fluke thing. Well, when I got home from work today his eye was all messed up again. He had a hard time keeping his eye open, he hasn't been playing at all and he has been restless with sleeping. I called the vet and they said to bring him right in because eyes are an emergency. She stained his eye to make sure there weren't any scratches, which there weren't. She thinks it might be a bacterial infection that is causing an inflamation of his eye and his eye is getting covered by the extra/inflammed skin. UGGG! :crazy: I also thought he had a fever, but she said he didn't. I am going to get him a thermometer all his own just to make sure. The vet gave him steroid drops for his eye and will take another look at him on Thursday when we take him in to get neutered. He is sleeping again....I hope he is ok! :confused:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yes eye problems STINK! They are no fun. Also you may not see a change for a few days, it may seem like it is not helping. Hope he feels better soon.... :heart::heart:

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
poor guy. we went through eye problems with duke and they are no fun! good thing you took him :hug2:hope he feels better real soon!

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]...Tell me about it! It cost me $75 just for the eye thing today. Not to mention the vet told us he weighs 49.2 lbs and that if he is at 50lbs on Thursday before his surgery he is going to be in the next price bracket for getting neutered. :eek: I guess because they need to use more meds on him. I told her I will give him a lot of fiber before Thursday or put him on a colon cleanse for the rest of the week! :whistle:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Omg..I don't know whether to laugh or not! But maybe if someone told me that I could lose a few!! Poor tubs..he is on a diet and doesn't know it..

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]...Tell me about it! It cost me $75 just for the eye thing today. Not to mention the vet told us he weighs 49.2 lbs and that if he is at 50lbs on Thursday before his surgery he is going to be in the next price bracket for getting neutered. :eek: I guess because they need to use more meds on him. I told her I will give him a lot of fiber before Thursday or put him on a colon cleanse for the rest of the week! :whistle:

Ack at the colon cleanse lol. I am sorry that he is feeling bad. I hope the drops help.

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
I once read something that went like this- If you want to make your vet rich, get an English bulldog:heart: I am so sorry about His eye, but It will get better. Mocha is the same. I think I am paranoid now!

1badchicken

Feb 23, 2011
Austin Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella and Cali
Yes hope the eye heals quick
Yes I never stopped to think of the expense of owning 2 bullies
Thank god for Yall

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Thanks all for the well wishes. He seems to be doing better with the drops. He is just like a kids trying to give them too him though. One person has to hold him down and then he squints his eye shut real hard so I can't get into it! But we win each time! He had his last puppy class last night and he passed the AKC S.T.A.R. puppy program. He was a little off, but he still did a great job when it was his turn! He has his surgery tomorrow, so I will give everyone an update as soon as I know how he is doing!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Glad to hear that Tubs is feeling better ..... hope the diet is going well .... :p

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.