Another episode for Buster

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
This happened again this morning. No butt spinning this time. He has had a few shorter duration ones too. I didn't get the very beginning where he starts walking and humping. Please excuse me yelling at Barney in the middle of it, I didn't want him involved! He also never usually pays any attention to the cat. I am going to the vet tomorrow as I did take him after the other one and she packed his ears. He shakes his head a lot during this which leads me to thinks maybe that is the cause of it all? His anal glands are clear (they were checked again). He also has a slight cough or more like a "huff" and is reverse sneezing which he never ever did before. Apart from that, he is a happy, normal boy. I am at a loss. Unfortunately, because of the virus I don't get to see the vet. It's so frustrating not to be able to discuss everything. :tapfoot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3YYgZ8FSJg&t=1s

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I've had a German Shep. that had seizures, and my rescue Katie. This doesn't look like seizures that I have seen. It looks sort of playful, rather than a normal seizure-but I've only had experience with 2 seizure dogs. [MENTION=13737]1Chumly[/MENTION] but he sure looks beautiful.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Pam, Jake does this all the time with us. Sure looks like playing to me. We will be sitting on the sofa n thatā€™s when he starts doing his prancing n throwing his head. Then heā€™ll semi stand n pound his front legs on the floor. Then heā€™ll also go prancing side ways towards the back door still staring at us telling he wants to go out. He also does the exact noise. When I open the door n he runs for his favorite toys outside and there you go weā€™re playing outside. To me, your video it playing. He sure look fantastic!!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
IMO it looks to me like he wants to play, like he's trying to get the cats attention... Lol OR maybe he's trying to get his collar off, has he worn one before?!!

OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
IMO it looks to me like he wants to play, like he's trying to get the cats attention... Lol OR maybe he's trying to get his collar off, has he worn one before?!!

Yes, he has always worn a collar.

OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
We just got back from the vets. He still has an ear infection. Yeast in one, bacteria in the other! He does have a bit of a cough and he did it while he was there. We think that is probably from when he coughed up a green bean the other day and maybe he scratched his throat a bit. His lungs sound good.

He also went to the Ophthalmologist yesterday and his eye is doing well after the graft. Poor dog, he has to have a total of 14 drops throughout the day. Every time he sees me now he thinks I am going to put something in his eye. Thank goodness he is much better about it than Monty ever was and he only had 3 a day!

I am glad I posted the video for your opinions and glad you think it is play. It makes me feel better! I still think his ear infection has a role in this however, as the two coincided and it is unusual for him. Time will tell!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We just got back from the vets. He still has an ear infection. Yeast in one, bacteria in the other! He does have a bit of a cough and he did it while he was there. We think that is probably from when he coughed up a green bean the other day and maybe he scratched his throat a bit. His lungs sound good.

He also went to the Ophthalmologist yesterday and his eye is doing well after the graft. Poor dog, he has to have a total of 14 drops throughout the day. Every time he sees me now he thinks I am going to put something in his eye. Thank goodness he is much better about it than Monty ever was and he only had 3 a day!

I am glad I posted the video for your opinions and glad you think it is play. It makes me feel better! I still think his ear infection has a role in this however, as the two coincided and it is unusual for him. Time will tell!

I agree it does look like play and it is kind of what I told you that Chelios does at times however I canā€™t put my finger on it but something is off and how heā€™s doing it and shaking his head. Keep us posted and record as much as you can to see if anything changes.
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] ... any insight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
[MENTION=13737]1Chumly[/MENTION] my sonā€™s GS always had this deep ear infection. You couldnā€™t even see it. He shook his head for months. I even cleaned it out n the guk I took out there...wow. I couldnā€™t see anything so I know I cleaned it completely to my eyes.....but nope was much deeper. A week later the head shaking came back. One day he kept going up to my sonā€™s knee n rubbing his ear yelping. That was it, he went to the vet, still didnā€™t see anything. Finally they put this camera light deeper n there it was, yeast hiding. Gave a harsh antibiotic n yes disappeared. But my son made a point to give him probiotics n changed his diet to raw. He now buys his raw where I get mine. Now he put all 3 on raw. Been 3 months and no more ear issues. :)

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
[MENTION=13737]1Chumly[/MENTION] my sonā€™s GS always had this deep ear infection. You couldnā€™t even see it. He shook his head for months. I even cleaned it out n the guk I took out there...wow. I couldnā€™t see anything so I know I cleaned it completely to my eyes.....but nope was much deeper. A week later the head shaking came back. One day he kept going up to my sonā€™s knee n rubbing his ear yelping. That was it, he went to the vet, still didnā€™t see anything. Finally they put this camera light deeper n there it was, yeast hiding. Gave a harsh antibiotic n yes disappeared. But my son made a point to give him probiotics n changed his diet to raw. He now buys his raw where I get mine. Now he put all 3 on raw. Been 3 months and no more ear issues. :)

My dog is on frozen raw and probiotics and still has to get the weekly Zymox otic or EcoEars flushes because she still has environmental allergies. I buy EcoEars because Zymox is so expensive in Canada but [MENTION=13737]1Chumly[/MENTION] you live in USA so you might want to consider using the Zymox weekly for the rest of your dog's life.

I also wipe the ears out daily or every 2nd day with witch hazel with some tea tree oil and clove oil in it, and the pad is always very dirty after wiping.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
ok heres mine.... to me it looks like defiantly he 'wants' to play, and that stimulation tickles his ear to where he wants to shake it off but then remembers he wants to play and then back and forth. Once the ears clear up, i betcha that a lot of the 'fun' action will continue without that head shake... my oh so very amateur view, but thats what i see :)

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
He wants to play with the cat and the cat is doing a great job of ignoring him...thatā€™s all.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online