Possible torn tendon in back leg

tigertanktoo

Mar 31, 2019
SW Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gabe - EBD 7 yrs old and Charlie - Cockerspaniel 15 yrs old
We almost had a bad accident earlier because I took him with me to get drive-thru dinner and he jumped out of my SUV when I opened his door.

We purchased a doggie ramp at either Petco or Pet Smart, I don't remember which one. But it is very handy in our SUV and reduces the amount of jumping up or out of our vehicle.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks for all of the replies. He is walking somewhat normal now but I am still going to keep him on anti-inflammatory and pain meds until the bottles are empty to keep him calm. We almost had a bad accident earlier because I took him with me to get drive-thru dinner and he jumped out of my SUV when I opened his door. I caught him by the handle on his harness and barely got the other hand under his belly before he hit the ground. Of course he looked at me like "why did you do that"

I normally help him out every time but he's feeling better I guess :whew:

Happy to hear he is doing better... a few days rest usually helps. Try the turmeric paste …. we also us Movoflex for both boys.

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
We purchased a doggie ramp at either Petco or Pet Smart, I don't remember which one. But it is very handy in our SUV and reduces the amount of jumping up or out of our vehicle.

I normally pick him up and down to keep him from jumping down and he has only tried getting in by himself once since the Grand Cherokee isn't the easiest for him to get into. He jumped out as soon as the door was opened yesterday before I could grab him. I am just glad that I was able to grab him on the way down.

Most Reactions