Blood blister on finger

Epc2188

Jun 27, 2020
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
Hey all...my dog watson has had a blood blister on the side of his finger for a month now...we atteibuted it to allergies and started the cytopoint shots...itching has gone down 80-90% and put him on royal canin hp formula and only give him sweet potato and apples for treats....the blister wont go away thougH....very soft..filled with blood it looks like...heres a pic if anyone knows anything about it...doesnt bother him at all looks worse than it is

Attachments

• 7C9D9681-2CFE-4C93-9578-5507DECD2763.jpeg
    7C9D9681-2CFE-4C93-9578-5507DECD2763.jpeg
    1,005.4 KB · Views: 178

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I would try some betadine soaks daily followed by an antibiotic cream like Nu-Stock or Neosporin, or try Bag Balm.

Also, try switching to a frozen raw dog food, duck protein to start

OP
E

Epc2188

Jun 27, 2020
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
Thanks for the reply...i do a paw soaking with cool water and epsom salt 1-2x a week prior to getting the cytopoint shot...most everything cleared up besides this goddamn 1 blister...were in the process of trying to figure out what in his diet hes allergic to (if anything)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Thanks for the reply...i do a paw soaking with cool water and epsom salt 1-2x a week prior to getting the cytopoint shot...most everything cleared up besides this goddamn 1 blister...were in the process of trying to figure out what in his diet hes allergic to (if anything)

It won’t clear up cause it’s only a indigital cyst. [MENTION=16884]Dollys Owner[/MENTION] got you covered. I use Bag Balm. You can also pierce the cyst, soak paws in epsom salt then put bag balm or NuStock. BTW definitely get your dog off Royal Canin as you will end up going to your vet more often. Indigital cyst comes on goes on all web feet dogs. It’s not an allergy either. You might be giving shots for no reason. Unless your dog “really” have allergies ok but if it was for that cyst, I personally would stop the shots. It brings down an immune system. Your dog needs a good grain free diet. Best one is raw diet. You’ll eliminate allergies. Or get a quality kibble like Acana single protein bags. If your vet pushes and insist for RC n shots for indigital cyst, I would have doubts on my vet. Your vet should definitely know it’s IC which again are harmless :)

https://www.mypetneedsthat.com/acana-dog-food-review/

Bag bag with the UDDERS on the can... not the ones for dogs.
F107FD18-1520-46F3-8E0F-26E3ABFF6059.jpeg

OP
E

Epc2188

Jun 27, 2020
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
Thabks...hes not on the cytopoint cus if that blister prior to visit he was licking paws alot ears was red and was itching often...since the shot his itching has gone down alot but that damn blister is still there...also..you dont recomend the royal canin hp?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Thabks...hes not on the cytopoint cus if that blister prior to visit he was licking paws alot ears was red and was itching often...since the shot his itching has gone down alot but that damn blister is still there...also..you dont recomend the royal canin hp?

I answer in your other post... read the links. :)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

My Walter has horrific allergies... we had him tested years ago, and we do the cytopoint shots on a regular basis. Some dogs have lower immune systems because of allergies... IMO they are a Godsend. We advise people to check on Dog Food Reviews and Ratings | Dog Food Advisor to look for dog food that fits their budgets, and what is available in their area. I have had my dogs on Fromm's, Earthborn Holistic, Acana, Orijen and Merrick... all great dog foods (grain-free) and now I give them Primal raw patties, with Earthborn Holistic kibble in the morning.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Agreed... change the food. My first bulldog got these a lot, then we changed his food and had allergy testing done... he was allergic to rice, chicken and dairy.. Also, try to wipe his paws and keep them dry after coming in from outside wetness can add to the problem

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online