Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Iā€™ve done the iodine soaks for Jax but thatā€™s for red, yeasty paws. A couple times when I was watching Louieā€™s brother, I sprayed his cysts with colloidal silver and I swear it shrunk them down, but he was only here for a couple days so I donā€™t know if I had continued if they would have gone away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Betadine soaks are great, and you can follow up with Bag Balm rubbed in. ( Or Nu-stock or another antibiotic ointment ). I bought the Betadine spray and also spray it into my dog's ears if they get inflamed ( besides using Zymox or EcoEars ) . I just open the bottle and put some into a little container with some warm water and dip my dog's paw into it for a few minutes, then wipe the paw off with a paper towel. Then rub in some Bag Balm.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Iā€™ve done the iodine soaks for Jax but thatā€™s for red, yeasty paws. A couple times when I was watching Louieā€™s brother, I sprayed his cysts with colloidal silver and I swear it shrunk them down, but he was only here for a couple days so I donā€™t know if I had continued if they would have gone away.

Willow's paws are red/yeasty... Walter's paw are red AND have cysts!!! I can't win... UGH!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Willow's paws are red/yeasty... Walter's paw are red AND have cysts!!! I can't win... UGH!!!

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names

- - - Updated - - -

Ugh!!! Do the paw soak for 5 minutes a day. Maybe also try spraying with the silver as well.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Ugh!!! Do the paw soak for 5 minutes a day. Maybe also try spraying with the silver as well.

I'm having the worst time w/Walter... his paws and his folds look horrible. I've been adamant about the Xyzal nightly, and of course he gets his Cytopoint injections. Unfortunately they BOTH decided they don't want to eat Acana anymore, so I'm trying a food trial w/Earthborn Holistic Venture again. Ray says they are both being brats because they want to eat RAW exclusively... LMAO!!! I just wish I could afford it...

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm having the worst time w/Walter... his paws and his folds look horrible. I've been adamant about the Xyzal nightly, and of course he gets his Cytopoint injections. Unfortunately they BOTH decided they don't want to eat Acana anymore, so I'm trying a food trial w/Earthborn Holistic Venture again. Ray says they are both being brats because they want to eat RAW exclusively... LMAO!!! I just wish I could afford it...

What proteins are you feeding? Louie's paws were yeasty on kibble and they're still yeasty on all raw so raw won't necessarily solve everything. Louie could probably eat Cheerios every day and thrive on it lol.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey

I found raw to be about same price as premium kibble when I get it shipped direct from the manufacturer for about 4.00 per pound and [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] gets the frozen raw for about 2.00 a pound, because she lives in Alberta, where they have all the livestock.

Check out the raw food coops in your area from this list. I'm pasting this list that [MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION] originally put in a sticky.

https://keepthetailwagging.com/raw-dog-food-co-op-near-me/

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I found raw to be about same price as premium kibble when I get it shipped direct from the manufacturer for about 4.00 per pound and [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] gets the frozen raw for about 2.00 a pound, because she lives in Alberta, where they have all the livestock.

Check out the raw food coops in your area from this list. I'm pasting this list that [MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION] originally put in a sticky.

https://keepthetailwagging.com/raw-dog-food-co-op-near-me/

My son started his GS on raw so when we buy 10boxes of 42lbs. Comes out to 1.50$ :D

But when I move back home, Iā€™m going to probably pay like you.. Iā€™ll be more on the country side so I will hunt for a butcher. I asked the one I have now if he ship he said only in AB. :(

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
What proteins are you feeding? Louie's paws were yeasty on kibble and they're still yeasty on all raw so raw won't necessarily solve everything. Louie could probably eat Cheerios every day and thrive on it lol.

I'm trying Duck, Turkey and Pork on the kibble (we are doing trial runs)... raw I give them Beef & Lamb (Willow's fav & the MOST expensive). I'm going to have to look into the co-op for food, or tell Ray to pull out this guns!!! Lol It's SO damn frustrating, we do great for a few months, and then BAM Walter is a mess again. He is getting his annual vaccines next week, so maybe the vet will have some insight.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm trying Duck, Turkey and Pork on the kibble (we are doing trial runs)... raw I give them Beef & Lamb (Willow's fav & the MOST expensive). I'm going to have to look into the co-op for food, or tell Ray to pull out this guns!!! Lol It's SO damn frustrating, we do great for a few months, and then BAM Walter is a mess again. He is getting his annual vaccines next week, so maybe the vet will have some insight.

Have you tried something other than beef and lamb? Obviously all dogs are different but Jax does not do well on lamb and Louie doesnā€™t do well on beef.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Dr. Becker recommends for core and rabies vaccines:
"My protocol is to administer a first round of distemper, parvo and adenovirus (no parainfluenza) before 12 weeks of age, usually around 9 to 10 weeks. I give the second round between 15 and 16 weeks. Two weeks after the second round, I titer to insure the dog has been immunized and not just vaccinated. When it comes to rabies, I prefer to give the first vaccine at six months, and then as required by law, a booster one year later and every three years thereafter."

https://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive/2017/12/20/canine-vaccine-guidelines.aspx?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=facebookpets_lead&utm_campaign=20171220_canine-vaccine-guidelines

I gave my dog her second adult dose of core vaccine when she was about 5 years old, and don't plan to give it again. I give rabies shot every 3 years.

I don't give any non core vaccines, but those are given yearly.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Have you tried something other than beef and lamb? Obviously all dogs are different but Jax does not do well on lamb and Louie doesnā€™t do well on beef.

I haven't on the raw, mostly because that was what they always had available... I noticed they had pork, turkey, and chicken. I know that Wally is allergic to chicken though...

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dr. Becker recommends for core and rabies vaccines:
"My protocol is to administer a first round of distemper, parvo and adenovirus (no parainfluenza) before 12 weeks of age, usually around 9 to 10 weeks. I give the second round between 15 and 16 weeks. Two weeks after the second round, I titer to insure the dog has been immunized and not just vaccinated. When it comes to rabies, I prefer to give the first vaccine at six months, and then as required by law, a booster one year later and every three years thereafter."

https://healthypets.mercola.com/sit...m_campaign=20171220_canine-vaccine-guidelines

I gave my dog her second adult dose of core vaccine when she was about 5 years old, and don't plan to give it again. I give rabies shot every 3 years.

I don't give any non core vaccines, but those are given yearly.

My vet does the titer tests, and from there we administer the yearly vaccines... rabies here in TN is every 3 years.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I haven't on the raw, mostly because that was what they always had available... I noticed they had pork, turkey, and chicken. I know that Wally is allergic to chicken though...

Might be worth trying pork and turkey to see if you notice any difference.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.