Ear Yeast

mdoto

Jun 2, 2020
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sam
How do you guys solve this long term issue?

Saw a vet today and got some solution, didn't have a medical name. I do see HB101; is this Burrows Solution (Aluminum acetate)?

If it is, is this the stuff safe?

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I do weekly or bi-weekly eat cleanings with Zymox and then one time I had to use the Zymox Otic on Jax’s ear due to inflammation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
2 drops of lavender essential oil on a cotton ball n swiped in ear. Repeat other ear.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I use witch hazel on cotton pad once a week

OP
mdoto

mdoto

Jun 2, 2020
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sam
thanks for the continued support....my current favourite forum!! Reddit what?

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
I use witch hazel on cotton pad once a week

Quick question: just for the ear flap or how deep go you go with the cotton pad? We try to avoid ear products as they always seem to make things worse but nowadays Castor produces a lot of (dry) ear wax and we need to wipe/remove now and then.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
How do you guys solve this long term issue?

Saw a vet today and got some solution, didn't have a medical name. I do see HB101; is this Burrows Solution (Aluminum acetate)?

If it is, is this the stuff safe?

Burrows solution is good too, it's same as using vinegar (acetic acid), but not as irritating as vinegar. You could try continuing with that once weekly after you're finished treatment if there's any left over.

Ear yeast usually is caused by allergies. Try switching your dog over to frozen raw if you're not doing that already to get rid of food allergies, and possibly Cytopoint injections every 4-8 weeks if that doesn't work, to get rid of environmental allergies.

Where are you in Canada? If in GTA I recommend free shipping of raw food from Back2Raw or BigCountryRaw. If from out west [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] can advise you.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Quick question: just for the ear flap or how deep go you go with the cotton pad? We try to avoid ear products as they always seem to make things worse but nowadays Castor produces a lot of (dry) ear wax and we need to wipe/remove now and then.

As far as I can without going in canal...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online