My dogs eat poop

yankydoodle

Nov 28, 2016
Country
South Africa
Bulldog(s) Names
princess, kleintjie
Hi folks,
I take daily walks with my dogs and every now and then they like to eat the poop of other dogs. I know dogs do this, but I don't like it at all.
My question is, can they smell if the poop of other dogs is infected, for instance, if the other dogs maybe carry an illness ? Will they refuse to eat it if the other dogs are sick ?

I also read that eating poop is nutritious for them. I don't want them to, but then again, i'm not a dog.

I don't have much knowledge at all on the subject.

Please can someone give information and advice on this ?

Thanks in advance
Yankydoodle

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh gosh... well I always heard that if they eat their OWN poop, you can feel them pineapple because apparently they don't like the smell of their poop. I have NO idea what to do about other dogs... maybe keep them on a leash?!!

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Oh wow. I haven't heard of them eating others poo. My dogs usually wrinkle their nose after a quick sniff, then tiptoe around it. I would do my best to keep them away.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi folks,
I take daily walks with my dogs and every now and then they like to eat the poop of other dogs. I know dogs do this, but I don't like it at all.
My question is, can they smell if the poop of other dogs is infected, for instance, if the other dogs maybe carry an illness ? Will they refuse to eat it if the other dogs are sick ?

I also read that eating poop is nutritious for them. I don't want them to, but then again, i'm not a dog.

I don't have much knowledge at all on the subject.

Please can someone give information and advice on this ?

Thanks in advance
Yankydoodle

Here are some articles that might help.

https://search.mercola.com/results....op?&dt=Pet Articles#stq=Why Do Dogs Eat Poop?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.