Scabs and sores on my puppy’s face

Bruisersmommy

May 29, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruiser
My puppy is going to be 1 at the end of August, so far he had no problems other then one cherry eye, but now I noticed he started having scans on his face, I tried picking it and dead skin just falls off with the heat leaving an open sore, I think it started happening after I gave him a bath last week, but I’m not sure it’s connected. I put some triple antibiotic ointment by his nose and where I see the scabs, anything else I can do? Anybody experienced this with their pup?

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
What shampoo, if any, did you use and were you VERY diligent about rinsing?
Some shampoos contain chemicals that are harmful to sensitive skin, especially when left to dry on the skin's surface...chemical burns. Try Johnson's Baby shampoo next time and be sure to get all of the soap off.
Pics, especially puppy pics, would be very helpful!

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Did you get shampoo on his face? I know when I wash my dog with shampoo I don't bother washing his head. If you didn't get shampoo on his face then maybe he has a staph infection?? Try washing his face with chlorhexidine or chlorhexidine/ketoconazole solution, leave on for 10 min and wash off, for at least a week if it wasn't a shampoo issue. You can put on the triple antibiotic ointment after.If it doesn't go away he might need antibiotics

OP
B

Bruisersmommy

May 29, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruiser
Yes I did get shampoo on his face! I don’t know a lot about this breed my boyfriend gifted me Bruiser when he was 8 or @ weeks old I totally adore him, but I know this breed has a lot of problems, I’m waiting for this pandemic to be over to fix his cherry eye because in New York it’s craziness right now but I read it doesn’t bother them so I could wait a month what do u guys think? Idk y I can’t upload a picture ��

OP
B

Bruisersmommy

May 29, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruiser
A40CFC68-8DC7-4029-A51E-5523B05105EA.jpeg

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I think I got it I put some antibiotic ointment idk if it will help hopefully

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Assuming it's shampoo dermatitis, hydrocortisone spray or cream would be helpful. If it's not getting better then vet might have to prescribe oral prednisone for 2 weeks.

OP
B

Bruisersmommy

May 29, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruiser
Thank you! What would you recommend for the cherry eye? Having it tucked in or the gland cut out? I have no clue what’s better heard of negatives from both procedures

OP
B

Bruisersmommy

May 29, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruiser
But I just checked him and he doesn’t have these sore nowhere but in the fold of his nose and on top of his head is that normal from shampoo?

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
But I just checked him and he doesn’t have these sore nowhere but in the fold of his nose and on top of his head is that normal from shampoo?

I've never seen shampoo dermatitis so hopefully [MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] can respond on this and cherry eye best technique.

OP
B

Bruisersmommy

May 29, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruiser
I applied hydrocortisone cream and triple antibiotic he is I would say 50% better today, have no clue which one helped but will do the same today as well

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
You can clean those areas of the face with Tucks wipes. The Witch Hazel in them will cleanse and dry the skin.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.