General Question Skin Issue

Bella Bluenoser

Dec 11, 2017
Nova Scotia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Good day everyone, I hope you are making ok during the corona virus.

Bella was doing a lot of scratching last evening so I decided to give her a bath. On our way to the bathroom I noticed a spot on back, it was bloody. After the bath I put polysporin on the spot and today it looks much better. Does anyone have an idea of what this could be ?

The lighter picture on the left is when I first noticed the spot, the darker picture on the right is this morning, it looks much better.

IMG_5303.jpgIMG_5306.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Good day everyone, I hope you are making ok during the corona virus.

Bella was doing a lot of scratching last evening so I decided to give her a bath. On our way to the bathroom I noticed a spot on back, it was bloody. After the bath I put polysporin on the spot and today it looks much better. Does anyone have an idea of what this could be ?

The lighter picture on the left is when I first noticed the spot, the darker picture on the right is this morning, it looks much better.

View attachment 119153View attachment 119154

I would have a vet check this... the black spot and it not being raised has me thinking it may not be a histiocytoma

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Agree with [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]...have a vet check done. Histiocytoma's are normally raised and I'm not sure about the black surrounding it. Better to be safe than sorry!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Thatā€™s what Jake had on his back. Exact same thing. I did ask him if it was histiocytoma. He said yes. Some will be raised n some not as when you see a scab it means itā€™s healing. That black area is minuscule scabs. Size of grain of salt. When you scrap them little scabs it bleeds. I brought Jake to the vet n he simply told me shave around the area so itā€™s exposed, wash n dry it very well and add polysporin but I put NuStock. He said NuStock was even better. I did wear gloves n did scrap gently the dark area so the ointment penetrates into the sore. Took 3 days and you see it was closing off. But yes you can always do a vet check. :)

In the attached thread I pasted, [MENTION=17815]BusterTheBulldogg[/MENTION] Did go to the vet n was told....

Hello All

Just wanted to give you guys an update, I was finally able to take Buster to our vet today and they poked his growth and took some cells to look under a microscope and they confirmed that the cells do look like histiocytoma. So phew that was great news! They cleaned it and said to just watch it and leave it alone that it should go away in a month or two so happy we confirmed that it wasn't anything serious, thank you guys for your help and support! I'll let you guys know when it's finally gone lol

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.