Jun 20, 2019
Country
United kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruce
Hi All

Hope you are all keeping safe.

I am sorry if there is already a post I cant find it

Bruce's wrinkles where his tear stains are, are getting red and look really sore.

How can I treat this or is it a trip to the vets?

20200519_083516.jpg

20200519_083521.jpg

Thanks in advance

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I like to use a process with 3 steps:
1) Wet a round cosmetic pad and put a dab of chlorhexidine/ketoconazole shampoo (eg. ketohex, curaseb ) on it , and wipe out both wrinkles with it
2) Use a second wet round cosmetic pad to wipe out the wrinkle
3) Use a third dry round cosmetic pad to dry out the wrinkle
4) If it's really red like now, put on some diaper rash creme like desitin or sudocreme on wrinkle (optional, just when it's really red )

I repeat this every 2 days for my dog, but while it's red do every day.

[MENTION=16280]Hankster[/MENTION] likes to wipe the wrinkles with some colloidal silver on a microfiber cloth, and also puts on some aloe gel for soothing.

Zedsded

Mar 30, 2015
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley (2015-2020) Wesley 2021
Hi Amy

Sorry to hear Bruce is a little sore, what are you cleaning his tear stains/nose folds with at the moment?

We vary what we use but at the moment we are using luke warm salt water then dried off and a final wipe with either CLX wipes or leucillin sprayed on to cotton wool pads.

CLX wipes are a bit more expensive but do work very well (that said it is a bit of a trial trying to use them on Dudley for some reason he hates them and runs off when the packet is opened :D)

There will be plenty of other suggestions to come from forum members its just whatever works best for your bully :D

Si.

EllieMay

Oct 6, 2019
Marshall Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cinder
If Cinder gets “yeasty”, I use the douxo wipes to clear that.... just to clean and dry, I use witch hazel and paper towels... the wetness of the tear stains will cause Cinders folds to get red and irritating so I keep desitin on them to keep them dry... works amazing;-)

OP
Amy89

Amy89

Jun 20, 2019
Country
United kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruce
Thank you for the advice guys. He doesn't usually need his nose folds cleaning as they are never wet. It is recently that they have been wet a lot. I have just been using a dry soft cloth to try and remove the moisture. He has started scratching the last 2 days that's made them really red

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I do a lot less of wiping since they both eat raw. I do wipe once a day only for Jake. I use Bag balm if Jake does get red as his face is white n the pigmentations is more sensitive. Great stuff. If you order it make sure it’s NOT for the dog one, nor lotion for body. Get the one that has Utters on the can.. Great for rashes, indigital cyst skin issues...

AE43BEBC-ACA2-4914-A5B0-B9E794806C68.jpeg

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Monty would get that occasionally, usually scratching because it was itchy. I too would clean really well, then use Desitin. Make sure not to get it in the eyes.
Just saw you are in the UK so don't know if you can get Desitin there. If not, then Sudocrem.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
the gang has got you covered.... when not an open sore, I use witch hazel on a cotton pad for daily cleaning/wipes

Most Reactions