1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
A bit of background. 4 days after we got Buster (7 weeks ago) we had entropion surgery done on his right eye. His eye was scarred and a mess. That is all healed up but his eye still looked very red and inflamed and his eye ointment wasn't helping. On Friday, I made an appointment at a pet Ophthalmologist for this afternoon.

On Friday afternoon. he and Barney (my dachshund) had a little play, and it's always little as Barney is your basic coward and chickens out fast, then Buster tried to hump him. I yelled at Buster to stop as Barney gets most upset and Buster stopped, but, he then hung his head and kind of staggered, held his head at an odd angle and wouldn't open his eyes. I called him, he came over but would not open his eyes and staggered a bit more. My first thought was a seizure of some sort because of the staggering as I have been there with a previous dog. Anyway, I loaded him into the car immediately and took him to our local vet. They checked him and were concerned about the eye as it was obviously causing the pain. They gave me some pain meds until our appointment today but as the vet was leading him out the door, he walked into the door jamb, hit that eye at exactly the wrong spot and ruptured it. I think at the outset, when he was playing, he hit his eye on the coffee table which was why he would not open them, then at the vet's when he walked into the door jamb, that was the final straw. She called an ophthalmologist straight away, described it all and was told either he needs surgery now or he will lose the eye. By this time it was after hours so they agreed to meet me at their office and we would go from there. Fast forward, he had perforated his cornea (where that scarring was) and they did a Conjunctival Graft. Don't even ask how much that cost!

Our poor Buster! He is being a real trooper. Pain meds, 2 different eye drops 4 x a day and the cone of shame for 3 weeks. His eye looks absolutely dreadful but he will have his eye and some sight all being well.

Friday was also my husbands first day of retirement. What a great start!!

Is anyone else have problems with this site today?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Glad Buster is ok...man theses dogs I swear! And yes I’m having issues with the site. It freezes and all goes white.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Wow. Sorry to hear all that. Vet should have been more careful leading a dog with eye problems out the door. Come to think of it, you'd think vets offices should be the equivalent of child proof so that blind animals or confused animals can't bang into things. Hope Buster's eye heals quickly!

OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Glad Buster is ok...man theses dogs I swear! And yes I’m having issues with the site. It freezes and all goes white.

You and I were the only ones able to communicate the last time, remember?!!!

OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Wow. Sorry to hear all that. Vet should have been more careful leading a dog with eye problems out the door. Come to think of it, you'd think vets offices should be the equivalent of child proof so that blind animals or confused animals can't bang into things. Hope Buster's eye heals quickly!

Knowing him, he probably had had enough and wanted out!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
You and I were the only ones able to communicate the last time, remember?!!!

We are privileged loll...

i also can’t find the reply for Chubby’s passing and other post I replied to. Oh well...

OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
We are privileged loll...

i also can’t find the reply for Chubby’s passing and other post I replied to. Oh well...

There are a couple of Chubby posts I believe. Poor Chubby, I am still in shock about that. So sad.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
There are a couple of Chubby posts I believe. Poor Chubby, I am still in shock about that. So sad.

I went on both. I replied to one only as it was a double post.

Yes very hard to accept. Reminded me of a bit of Duke’s situation. Come pick him up n gone. Like a kick in the head would of been easier to handle. Very sad.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I went on both. I replied to one only as it was a double post.

Yes very hard to accept. Reminded me of a bit of Duke’s situation. Come pick him up n gone. Like a kick in the head would of been easier to handle. Very sad.

I won't leave my dog at Petsmart if I get them to cut her nails, I insist on waiting.

manecya

Jul 10, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry
I am so sorry! I feel you are all feeling better by now.... !

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Poor Buster but glad to hear things will turn out well.

Yes, I too couldn't get on the website yesterday, and when I finally did it wasn't possible to post.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh gosh... I'm SO sorry about Buster's eye, did he already have the surgery?!! Poor guy can't seem to catch a break... you guys either!!!

I haven't been able to get on the site for 2 days now, but I was thinking it was because of the weather. It has gotten very warm here, and we've have had very high winds w/power outages.

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
I am so sorry Buster is having such a hard time! The poor sweet boy. It always seems to happen this way doesn't it? Caught himself right in the exact spot.

I send healing thoughts and prayers to you Buster. I do hope you fully recover and quickly. I am praying for all sight to be restored. :angelheart::pray:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
The old saying "when it rains,it pours" sure came from somewhere-as we learn,unfortunately. So sorry to hear of Buster's hard luck(and all yours.) Happy retirement to your husband! Sorry it didn't start out on such a happy note-but hope things will improve. Don't you know that animal lovers are not meant to have $$$!!

I could not get to this site yesterday,at all. Thought is was my old comp!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.