CDC RECOMMENDING SOCIAL DISTANCE

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
1 North Carolina puppy came down with the Corona virus and now CDC is recommending social distancing with pets.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I talked to my vet at length about this whole COVID19 and our pets... she told me that all the information that she is seeing from the Veterinary Association is that there is NO evidence that COVID19 can be spread from pet to human (or pet to pet for that matter). Honestly you shouldn't be close enough to any humans to let your pet around anybody anyway, unless they are part of your household.

This madness is seriously getting out of hand, and the media is making everything worse!!! :cursing:

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
This damm media really needs to stop putting fear in people. Here is Canada 80% that passed are all in nursing homes with compromised immune system. So I agree definitely getting out of hand all this Covid. Stopping a whole world for a virus that kills way less than a flu.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yep.... I refuse to watch any news anymore. Done with the fear mongers and BS

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
There have been corona virus(es) that dogs can get-around for years, but not related to covid19.One symptom is diarrhea.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
The last pandemic that we had was back in 2009. Social media was already a thing but it wasn't 1/10th as much as it is now with the internet in most everybody's hands worldwide. The response to this pandemic, in my opinion, is vastly different from all of history, not because ncov-19 is THAT novel, but because people are that much more connected and can spread tunnel vision faster than a speeding bullet.

So, just like how people's esteems have gone down to trash looking at all the wonderful smiles and pictures and stories of everybody on their Instagram feed - giving them tunnel vision of the world's reality, social media is doing the same with this pandemic... everybody sees all the deaths in Italy and not only do they not want to leave their houses anymore, they're shaming those who have to go out to earn a living to feed their families for putting "the economy" over people's lives.

I'd like to think this social media tunnel vision will soon pass as the young'uns who were born with it in their hands learn to distinguish true reality from social-media-manufactured reality. But with AI right around the corner... I have a bit of a fatalistic view of where all this is headed.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The last pandemic that we had was back in 2009. Social media was already a thing but it wasn't 1/10th as much as it is now with the internet in most everybody's hands worldwide. The response to this pandemic, in my opinion, is vastly different from all of history, not because ncov-19 is THAT novel, but because people are that much more connected and can spread tunnel vision faster than a speeding bullet.

So, just like how people's esteems have gone down to trash looking at all the wonderful smiles and pictures and stories of everybody on their Instagram feed - giving them tunnel vision of the world's reality, social media is doing the same with this pandemic... everybody sees all the deaths in Italy and not only do they not want to leave their houses anymore, they're shaming those who have to go out to earn a living to feed their families for putting "the economy" over people's lives.

I'd like to think this social media tunnel vision will soon pass as the young'uns who were born with it in their hands learn to distinguish true reality from social-media-manufactured reality. But with AI right around the corner... I have a bit of a fatalistic view of where all this is headed.

Couldn’t agree more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
6C26B039-A3C6-4BE8-B3F9-A0D36D0C76DD.jpeg

Members online

No members online now.