Help Needed! Sick pup

ldenne

Jul 18, 2015
Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiberius
Ok so Tiberius has been feeling yucky the last few days. He had a poo accident in the house - this hasnā€™t happened since her was younger and not feeling feel. He has had multiple diarrhea stools and messed in his cage last night. He spit up this am after eating grass while I was trying to clean his crate. He just turned five and is up to date on all his shots. Any ideas? We are keeping an eye on him and giving him small amounts of water but no food yet.

I would love to take him to the vet but they want payment upfront and with this whole shutdown we havenā€™t had any income since March 20th

Thank you [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Not feeding food for a day or so will not starve him and will give the gut time to rest...then proceed with a bland diet for a few days. As long as he's pooping something there's not a complete blockage. Giardia seems most prevalent with warm wet weather and much of the US has had just that. If he doesn't improve after 3-4 days then a Vet visit is necessary.
Falgyl(Metronidazole) is the go-to medication for many gut ailments...canine and humans!

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
I hope Tiberius starts feeling better. Hopefully something just needs to be worked out of his system. A day of fasting food will hopefully help. Please keep us posted.
Thoughts and prayers coming to your sweet boy. :heart:

OP
ldenne

ldenne

Jul 18, 2015
Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiberius
Not feeding food for a day or so will not starve him and will give the gut time to rest...then proceed with a bland diet for a few days. As long as he's pooping something there's not a complete blockage. Giardia seems most prevalent with warm wet weather and much of the US has had just that. If he doesn't improve after 3-4 days then a Vet visit is necessary.
Falgyl(Metronidazole) is the go-to medication for many gut ailments...canine and humans!

Thank you [emoji4] I appreciate it. I have some rice boiling so it will be ready when he is ready to eat something

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Sorry to hear Tiberius is not feeling well. Rice boiled for a long time in lots of water (and then serve cooled-down "rice soup") is probably a good start once he can eat. We've added a little chicken or minced meat cut into small pieces to add some taste to such bland rice soup. Wishing Tiberius a speedy recovery.

OP
ldenne

ldenne

Jul 18, 2015
Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiberius
He is acting a bit better this evening - he has had water most of the day without too much issue and had a small portion of rice with chicken. I made extra for tomorrow so if he is feeling better overnight he can have some in the morning. Thank you for the suggestions.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
He is acting a bit better this evening - he has had water most of the day without too much issue and had a small portion of rice with chicken. I made extra for tomorrow so if he is feeling better overnight he can have some in the morning. Thank you for the suggestions. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes little portions for the next few days. I recall many years ago I had Dobermans. My male had diarrhea but so bad he couldnā€™t stand up. He definitely slept outside on the balcony n thank god it was summer. I didnā€™t feed him for 2 days except for water. Then I made rice but like [MENTION=9875]cefe13[/MENTION] mentioned with lots of water. I added some ground beef. That extra water was the broth I added to his meal. I personally find it works better. But thatā€™s me. Took about a couple days and he started to feel better. But I did keep him on that diet for a good 7 days. Please keep us posted:)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I hope he feels better soon after the bland diet... keep us posted!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He is acting a bit better this evening - he has had water most of the day without too much issue and had a small portion of rice with chicken. I made extra for tomorrow so if he is feeling better overnight he can have some in the morning. Thank you for the suggestions.

How is he doing today?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Hope Tiberius is feeling better. I have given mine Pepto Bismal, when they have had stomach upset. I use a syringe. They hate it!!

OP
ldenne

ldenne

Jul 18, 2015
Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiberius
He is doing a lot better even jumped at the window and barked at the mailman. He had the last of the chicken and rice that I cooked and we are going to try to give him his reg food tonight and see how he does.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He is doing a lot better even jumped at the window and barked at the mailman. He had the last of the chicken and rice that I cooked and we are going to try to give him his reg food tonight and see how he does.

Iā€™m sure you realize this, but do a little at a time

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
Hope he is feeling better soon!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.