Colloidal silver....

xskyzx

Mar 7, 2012
houston,TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Major
I know some of you guys use it for eye drops. But anyone use it with theirs pup food and give it to them daily?
Is it better to give them 10ppm or 6000ppm? Thank you

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
[MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION], [MENTION=16884]Dollys Owner[/MENTION]

I don’t really use it as it does good but can do wrong too. I still have in my gut that feeling about CS. It’s definitely a good bacteria killer but so is oil of oregano. No I would not use it in my eye :)

You want to use it for what exactly?

OP
xskyzx

xskyzx

Mar 7, 2012
houston,TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Major
I been reading about it and about castor oil. People use colloidal silver for their pup dry eyes,glaucoma etc.. and put castor oil at night to help the pup eye problems.

OP
xskyzx

xskyzx

Mar 7, 2012
houston,TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Major
Major have dry eyes and hes been on prescribed eye drops tacrolimus, etc..and its not getting better, it gets worse actually...so I'm looking at other options

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Major have dry eyes and hes been on prescribed eye drops tacrolimus, etc..and its not getting better, it gets worse actually...so I'm looking at other options
[MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION] n [MENTION=16884]Dollys Owner[/MENTION] use it all the time so I’ll let them guide you.
[MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION] any input?

https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/five-immune-boosting-uses-of-colloidal-silver/

Note: Colloidal silver works just like an antibiotic, except without real negative effects. But there is one – it will reduce the natural beneficial flora in the gut as regular antibiotics do. So it’s important to follow up with probiotics and prebiotics to help build up the good bacteria back to normal levels in your dog. Also, since colloidal silver is sold at varying degrees of quality, do your research and/or work with an expert when selecting a brand.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I use it to wipe their faces after they eat, never given internally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I don't have any knowledge about using colloidal silver for keratoconjunctivitis sicca, I've heard about instilling it directly in eyes 3-4 times daily for an infection. I tried making it in the past with my own generator and then using the solution for Honey's ear infection, but it didn't work. I ended up buying a commercial ear drop with colloidal silver and essential oils called EcoEars and it did the job. and I still use it prophylactically once a week in her ears.

I think [MENTION=16280]Hankster[/MENTION] makes her own colloidal silver and puts some of that or aloe gel on microfibre cloths to wipe Hank's wrinkles.

OP
xskyzx

xskyzx

Mar 7, 2012
houston,TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Major
I heard ppl uses for eyes and ears infections n works wonder, so im just trying to understand more about it. :)

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014

Please be aware that dry eyes are a lifelong problem, for dogs and humans. It is basically managed, not cured.

OP
xskyzx

xskyzx

Mar 7, 2012
houston,TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Major
Thats why im trying look at other options for him, bc medicate eyedrops havent do nothing for him, and its getting worse. And i heard people use CS with castor oil actually help them so thats why im doing more research about it.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Dry eyes do better with gel lubricants than just drops of any kind. I do use cs sometimes if my bullies eyes look a little red. Also on folds, but not on regular bases.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I don't have any knowledge about using colloidal silver for keratoconjunctivitis sicca, I've heard about instilling it directly in eyes 3-4 times daily for an infection. I tried making it in the past with my own generator and then using the solution for Honey's ear infection, but it didn't work. I ended up buying a commercial ear drop with colloidal silver and essential oils called EcoEars and it did the job. and I still use it prophylactically once a week in her ears.

I think [MENTION=16280]Hankster[/MENTION] makes her own colloidal silver and puts some of that or aloe gel on microfibre cloths to wipe Hank's wrinkles.

Yep and was very happy with it. Haven't been doing as much lately but don't seem to need to ;) Hank also doesnt mind it sprayed right in his face/eyes with one of those little copper colored spray bottles... soft spray of course/// but thats Hank :) I have done that if he gets goopie eyes and they clear up.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.