Really need your help

purplegem01

Jul 3, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma Frost
Hi folks,
Really need your help! But before I start yes I took her to the vet twice already and it just keeps getting worst.
Ok so we first started going to the vet because she had issues with her paws and was sent home to wear a cone. Now because of the cone we have this new issue.
I wipe her after everytime she drinks and eats. I've washed with chlorhexidine, malaseb, witch hazel..
I dont want to keep giving her medication. we tried cytopoint for the first time and that didnt help then took other meds that didnt work. Any holistic ideas? Please! And please be nice!

Attachments

• 20200330_235303.jpg
    20200330_235303.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 218

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Welcome to the forum - this is a great place and I'm sure you will get great help from the bulldog experts here.

I was going to suggest chlorehxidine shampoo which we have used successfully for hotspots, but I see you already tried chlorehexidine. Have you tried chlorehexidine wipes or chlorehexidine solution or shampoo? I think the wipes are not as strong as shampoo. As far as I understand, chlorehexidine desinfect and dries out but is no medication. When our Castor had a hotspot some years ago, the vet first cleaned with Hibiscrub (I think it's called) and then we followed up with daily shampoos with TrizChlor 4 (a chlorehexidine shampoo that you lather up and leave for 5-10 minutes before rinsing off) for about a week.

Castor and I hope your pup soon feels better.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Welcome to the forum - this is a great place and I'm sure you will get great help from the bulldog experts here.

I was going to suggest chlorehxidine shampoo which we have used successfully for hotspots, but I see you already tried chlorehexidine. Have you tried chlorehexidine wipes or chlorehexidine solution or shampoo? I think the wipes are not as strong as shampoo. As far as I understand, chlorehexidine desinfect and dries out but is no medication. When our Castor had a hotspot some years ago, the vet first cleaned with Hibiscrub (I think it's called) and then we followed up with daily shampoos with TrizChlor 4 (a chlorehexidine shampoo that you lather up and leave for 5-10 minutes before rinsing off) for about a week.

Castor and I hope your pup soon feels better.

:goodpost: The key is having the area shaved (if needed) and keep it DRY so that it clears up and stops spreading!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi folks,
Really need your help! But before I start yes I took her to the vet twice already and it just keeps getting worst.
Ok so we first started going to the vet because she had issues with her paws and was sent home to wear a cone. Now because of the cone we have this new issue.
I wipe her after everytime she drinks and eats. I've washed with chlorhexidine, malaseb, witch hazel..
I dont want to keep giving her medication. we tried cytopoint for the first time and that didnt help then took other meds that didnt work. Any holistic ideas? Please! And please be nice!

yes, the gang is right, shave it, Nu stock, and keep it cleaned.

this is caused by allergies.... what are you currently feeding brand and protein, can also be environmental

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.