Help Needed! Interdigital cysts

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I have started to, itā€™s spring here and although we get a lot of rain in Scotland our pollen count is definitely increasing. Only bonus of lockdown is I can keep a close eye on him as Iā€™m working from home

good that can help... keep us posted

OP
Brunosmummy

Brunosmummy

Jan 7, 2018
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
Through the night things took a turn for the worse, Bruno has been crying with the pain unable to sleep and not able to put the paw down at all. Iā€™ve managed to find a vet who will give me a video consultation then after that will see him. I hope this can be an easy fix because the sound of his yelp when I touched it has broken my heart. This is when I wish my husband wasnā€™t in the army ��

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Through the night things took a turn for the worse, Bruno has been crying with the pain unable to sleep and not able to put the paw down at all. Iā€™ve managed to find a vet who will give me a video consultation then after that will see him. I hope this can be an easy fix because the sound of his yelp when I touched it has broken my heart. This is when I wish my husband wasnā€™t in the army ��

Poor pup.... try warm compress, hopefully that will help break it open

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Brunosmummy

Brunosmummy

Jan 7, 2018
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
Just a quick update. Managed to get video call and Bruno was taken to the vet I met him in car park and he took him in. They believe a foreign body (seed/thorn etc) has made its way inside they clipped his paw and squeezed it where blood and pus came out and theyā€™re hoping whatever the irritation came out with this. Iā€™m grateful I didnā€™t have to hear his scream. He was given a pain injection So he is now fast asleep after keeping me awake all night and given a weeks worth of antibiotics and pain meds. Whilst given the once over they discovered the beginning of a yeast infection in his ear so also have a weeks ear drops.
This forum is simply amazing. Here is Scotland bulldogs are few and far between I only know of 3 including Bruno in our city so would like to thank you all for your help and knowledge itā€™s so nice to know people are there to help. He is our first bully and would recommend enough how special a breed they are.
I hope you are all keeping safe and pray the world gets better so soon.

Fingers crossed in a couple days I can say Brunoā€™s recovered

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Just a quick update. Managed to get video call and Bruno was taken to the vet I met him in car park and he took him in. They believe a foreign body (seed/thorn etc) has made its way inside they clipped his paw and squeezed it where blood and pus came out and theyā€™re hoping whatever the irritation came out with this. Iā€™m grateful I didnā€™t have to hear his scream. He was given a pain injection So he is now fast asleep after keeping me awake all night and given a weeks worth of antibiotics and pain meds. Whilst given the once over they discovered the beginning of a yeast infection in his ear so also have a weeks ear drops.
This forum is simply amazing. Here is Scotland bulldogs are few and far between I only know of 3 including Bruno in our city so would like to thank you all for your help and knowledge itā€™s so nice to know people are there to help. He is our first bully and would recommend enough how special a breed they are.

Great to hear he is getting care.... uh that boy for us!

Stay well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)

Great that a vet could see him and help him. Best wishes to Bruno!

OP
Brunosmummy

Brunosmummy

Jan 7, 2018
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
Well back right paw not a problem now theyā€™re on the front left �� I read that piles cream can shrink these, does anyone have any experience? The husband is now home though so I now have another adult to hold him if I need to drain it this time thereā€™s 2 ��

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
1180691A-3233-4E4F-A39C-8C31376BD5BD.jpeg1180691A-3233-4E4F-A39C-8C31376BD5BD.jpeg
Well back right paw not a problem now theyā€™re on the front left ļæ½ļæ½ I read that piles cream can shrink these, does anyone have any experience? The husband is now home though so I now have another adult to hold him if I need to drain it this time thereā€™s 2 ļæ½ļæ½

Ive tried all sorts. Soaking in Epsom salts works too n NuStock. But I find bag balm worked better. Itā€™s the can with a picture of cow utters on it as BB makes all sorts of different products.

Odd I se one photo n thereā€™s 3.. :)

1180691A-3233-4E4F-A39C-8C31376BD5BD.jpeg

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
@Brunosmummy The best things to have on hand are Epsom salts, to soak the foot, and NuStock, an "all purpose med" . It is odd that he is getting so many idc's since he is eating raw? Alot of times it could be allergies-also. The flower of Scotland is the thistle-are there smaller thistles that he may be getting in between his toes, when outside? Sometimes, a short hair gets stuck in the webbing between the toes. Try the soaking, you could try the hemoroid(piles) cream but don't let him lick it, until you get the NuStock. Hope he heals up!
Haven't tried Bag Balm, but I know it's also good "stuff!":yes:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.