Help Needed! Interdigital cysts

Brunosmummy

Jan 7, 2018
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
Hi guys looking for some help

Here in Scotland we are currently on a lockdown due to covid 19 all our shops apart from supermarkets are closed and after phoning our vet they told us our boy is not classed as a emergency case even though heā€™s struggling to bear weight as he must be in pain!
Brunoā€™s had smaller ones before and theyā€™ve cleared up but this time he just doesnā€™t seem to be getting a break

Has anyone had this before because itā€™s breaking my heart seeing him like this Iā€™ve been using the malacetic wipes but any other help would be great to get him through the next while until we can get out again 325BB4E5-9710-45D9-AB04-E9F095D1C544.jpeg325BB4E5-9710-45D9-AB04-E9F095D1C544.jpeg

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm so sorry to hear about Bruno, these cyst are very normal unfortunately... have you tried an epsom salt soak? That may help w/the pain & discomfort and get that cyst to pop open so it doesn't bother him. Please be mindful that Bruno doesn't drink the salty water. You can continue to use the wipes as well...

OP
Brunosmummy

Brunosmummy

Jan 7, 2018
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
I have got salts so will do this also and hope for the best, he rarely had to visit vet and typical that it had to be when
weā€™re unable to leave home. Thanks for the advice and Keep safe x

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Yes, epsom salt soaks should help. If you happen to have or can get collodial silver, you can also try spraying that on the cyst as well.

OP
Brunosmummy

Brunosmummy

Jan 7, 2018
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
Thanks cbrugs Iā€™ll have a look for this we are still able to get online and order from amazon so hopefully get something from there. Weā€™re only allowed out once per day for exercise at the moment so he has been living the slow life this past week thankfully

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Thanks cbrugs Iā€™ll have a look for this we are still able to get online and order from amazon so hopefully get something from there. Weā€™re only allowed out once per day for exercise at the moment so he has been living the slow life this past week thankfully

My previous EB had them constantly. Then I started using Bag Balm. Never came back. I would pierce the IC, squeeze out blood n applied BB for a few days n they would dry up. Worked great. :)

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
For Castor, the following works (although I must say, poor Bruno's cyst looks bigger than what Castor gets): we use a 5 mg/ml chlorehexidine solution that we buy at the chemist's (used for disinfection). I put some on cotton wool and press against the cyst (Castor doesn't seem to feel any pain from that) and when it has dried I sometimes put on some zinc oxide ointment (nappy rash ointment). We sometimes also use Trizchlor 4 schampoo which is very good although takes somer time since it needs to sit for 5-10 mins before you rinse it off. That shampoo also contains chlorehexidine.

The stuff we use will dry out the cysts but won't make them go away permanently - our strategy is keeping them at bay. If it's wet outside it's important to dry the paws carefully - at least for Castor, these cysts come pop up during autumn/winter when it's wet whereas he very rarely has them during dry summers.

Castor sends his best wishes to Bruno

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
My Stella has been getting them again as of the past month. If i do Epsom salt soaks 2-3x a day for at least 5 min each it helps a ton.
I usually add 1/4 cup epsom salt , a tsp of apple Cider vinegar and a drop of lavender essential oil in a soup size bowl. Unless i put her in the tub in about 2 inches of water then at least a good cup of salts.

It does helpt alot! i hope it gets better! Sending hugs!

OP
Brunosmummy

Brunosmummy

Jan 7, 2018
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
Thanks guys Iā€™ve ordered a couple of products from amazon coming today and will continue with soaks and hopefully itā€™ll make a difference until we can get back outside and to a vet my husbands army and been sent away to help with the efforts to combat all this so my little Bruno just added to my worries fingers crossed

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Thanks guys Iā€™ve ordered a couple of products from amazon coming today and will continue with soaks and hopefully itā€™ll make a difference until we can get back outside and to a vet my husbands army and been sent away to help with the efforts to combat all this so my little Bruno just added to my worries fingers crossed

Hoping that you all stay safe and that little Bruno's paws soon get better.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Great advice from the gang.... one thing to note, these are normally from and allergy - have you changed anything in the home?

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Poor Bruno...Over the years we've only had a few dogs get them. I would lance them, let drain and then fill the hole with Panalog, Animax, Dermalog, or any other antibiotic, anti-inflamatory ointment we might have. With this method, they heal rather quickly. Most of the time they'd not return. The last time we looked/asked for Panalog, it wasn't available. Generics may be...
https://www.drugs.com/vet/panolog-ointment.html

OP
Brunosmummy

Brunosmummy

Jan 7, 2018
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
I ordered an ointment which I would say looks like a diaper cream and shampoo so far not much improvement he seemed better for a couple days then today heā€™s not putting weight on it again. Iā€™m having to just keep trying though as like I said before completely unable to take him anywhere ��
He is on the raw diet and has been since a puppy and never had any issues, Iā€™ve thought about anything Iā€™ve changed but donā€™t think there is? I did read about giving them cetirizine which I do have but I sure of how much just to see if this will make a change
Such a worrying time and seeing him like this makes things feel worse ��

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I ordered an ointment which I would say looks like a diaper cream and shampoo so far not much improvement he seemed better for a couple days then today heā€™s not putting weight on it again. Iā€™m having to just keep trying though as like I said before completely unable to take him anywhere ��
He is on the raw diet and has been since a puppy and never had any issues, Iā€™ve thought about anything Iā€™ve changed but donā€™t think there is? I did read about giving them cetirizine which I do have but I sure of how much just to see if this will make a change
Such a worrying time and seeing him like this makes things feel worse ��

It could be environmental... do you wipe his paws after being outside?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Brunosmummy

Brunosmummy

Jan 7, 2018
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
I have started to, itā€™s spring here and although we get a lot of rain in Scotland our pollen count is definitely increasing. Only bonus of lockdown is I can keep a close eye on him as Iā€™m working from home

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online