ColleenOJ

Feb 16, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hampton and Gigi
13DB8669-A3F0-4BEF-BB22-CC84FFB50958.jpegHi! My bulldog got a little wild and knocked one of his bottom front teeth out. These teeth were already rotting (it looked like), I had a vet appointment already scheduled to discuss next week! I mention that bc there would be no chance of reattaching it. I am worried about it getting infected. Has anyone dealt with this before? I canā€™t call the vet until Monday. Iā€™ve attached a picture. His demeanor is totally fine and the bleeding has stopped.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Poor pup! I guess the important thing now is to make sure it doesn't get infected, as you say, and also to make sure the whole tooth is out (so there will be no infeciton in what might be still there). Hope others can give more info, but yes, go to the vet on Monday.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
View attachment 118702Hi! My bulldog got a little wild and knocked one of his bottom front teeth out. These teeth were already rotting (it looked like), I had a vet appointment already scheduled to discuss next week! I mention that bc there would be no chance of reattaching it. I am worried about it getting infected. Has anyone dealt with this before? I canā€™t call the vet until Monday. Iā€™ve attached a picture. His demeanor is totally fine and the bleeding has stopped.

How old is your dog? Look more like tartar. To keep tart off teeth is rubber toys n marrow bones. Keeps teeth nice n solid. For now simply boil water, wait till itā€™s lukewarm, add some salt n mix. Get a clean washcloth, dipped in your salted water n clean open tooth area. He just lost a tooth Iā€™m sure heā€™ll be fine. Make sure he doesnā€™t start drinking the water simply dip lightly.

F2FECEDF-39D5-4DA3-8950-F7D44446A880.jpeg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
View attachment 118702Hi! My bulldog got a little wild and knocked one of his bottom front teeth out. These teeth were already rotting (it looked like), I had a vet appointment already scheduled to discuss next week! I mention that bc there would be no chance of reattaching it. I am worried about it getting infected. Has anyone dealt with this before? I canā€™t call the vet until Monday. Iā€™ve attached a picture. His demeanor is totally fine and the bleeding has stopped.

Is it loose enough to pull it out? This happened to our Frenchie and our vet just plucked it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.