Help Needed! Rash showed up after I changed food

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Is your tide with that softener inside? If so I know I sure canā€™t use it as I itch like hell... I have fragrance free for my dogs n I. Partner wanted to be helpful once and used his tide pods with I think the put Downey or something like that inside the pods. Did the bedsheets. Omg I jumped out of the bed scratching in the middle of the night loll..

Guys usually mess up the laundry so they won't have to do it again LOL

I like to buy this' Nellie's laundry soap from Costco when it's on sale https://www.costco.com/nellie%e2%80%99s-400-load-laundry-soda.product.100477949.html

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
OP
J

Jeanna

Feb 21, 2020
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
Nellie wonā€™t dissolve completely in my washer. Idk why as itā€™s one of them newer front loader which I neeeever use all them cycles either. Probably Alberta water lolll

I have noticed the rash is all over her body Including the ears, Monday canā€™t get here fast enough. The Benadryl isnā€™t taking the rash away at all.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Poor pup and poor you. Castor and I cannot offer any advice but we hope she will soon find some relief. Do you know anything about her history and whether she has a history of such allergic reactions or if this is something that appeared now for the first time? We hope your pup soon feels better!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I have noticed the rash is all over her body Including the ears, Monday canā€™t get here fast enough. The Benadryl isnā€™t taking the rash away at all.

Are these tide pods? From your 2 photos, I donā€™t see a thick rash or blisters. Why Iā€™m thinking the pods..

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Poor girl... does she seems uncomfortable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
J

Jeanna

Feb 21, 2020
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
Are these tide pods? From your 2 photos, I donā€™t see a thick rash or blisters. Why Iā€™m thinking the pods..

No I use liquid tide on my clothes and blankets but the rash is everywhere Paws, ears, legs, belly šŸ˜­

- - - Updated - - -

No she doesnā€™t at all thatā€™s whatā€™s weird it doesnā€™t itch her at all. Itā€™s just so red

OP
J

Jeanna

Feb 21, 2020
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
Updated pictures Iā€™m at a loss, I just want her to be better. I have purchased draft baby laundry detergent and I am going to be washing everything with it I also went and purchased a steam mop so I no longer use chemicals on my floor and I will be steam mopping everything I am going to be cleaning everything she uses with vinegar and water so therefore there is no chemicals Iā€™ve got rid of all my for breeze and air fresheners in my house I am going to be putting her on a homemade food diet to detox or system I just want to do anything I can to make her feel better because I havenā€™t had her for very long and I just want her transition into our home to be as smooth as possible and I feel like Iā€™m failing.

Attachments

• CE15A271-C75A-4929-B51C-43DEC79E13CC.jpeg
    CE15A271-C75A-4929-B51C-43DEC79E13CC.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 100
  • EE18B070-7BBE-45FB-8276-83C4BDD18A36.jpeg
    EE18B070-7BBE-45FB-8276-83C4BDD18A36.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 94
  • B4ADB62A-945F-4247-9CF3-32B8CA6724AE.jpeg
    B4ADB62A-945F-4247-9CF3-32B8CA6724AE.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 101
  • 816F5713-2692-44BF-84DD-24BFA24B50AD.jpeg
    816F5713-2692-44BF-84DD-24BFA24B50AD.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 87
  • 7C3C18A0-3CC0-4BDD-A84B-CB3A3F2D2768.jpeg
    7C3C18A0-3CC0-4BDD-A84B-CB3A3F2D2768.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 93

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Updated pictures Iā€™m at a loss, I just want her to be better. I have purchased draft baby laundry detergent and I am going to be washing everything with it I also went and purchased a steam mop so I no longer use chemicals on my floor and I will be steam mopping everything I am going to be cleaning everything she uses with vinegar and water so therefore there is no chemicals Iā€™ve got rid of all my for breeze and air fresheners in my house I am going to be putting her on a homemade food diet to detox or system I just want to do anything I can to make her feel better because I havenā€™t had her for very long and I just want her transition into our home to be as smooth as possible and I feel like Iā€™m failing.

It does look like burns, but I know it is not. Definitely something her body doesnā€™t like.... what food are you feeding again?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names

Very good decisions! I only use diffusers around the house. Youā€™re definitely correct as ALL these febrezze, glade etc etc are all chemicals. Also vinegar is the best to wash any floors. Thatā€™s what I use on all my floors. I also use it in my rinse cycle in all my laundry n dogs blankets. This looks so an environmental allergy. And you said Benadryl doesnā€™t work?

OP
J

Jeanna

Feb 21, 2020
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
Very good decisions! I only use diffusers around the house. Youā€™re definitely correct as ALL these febrezze, glade etc etc are all chemicals. Also vinegar is the best to wash any floors. Thatā€™s what I use on all my floors. I also use it in my rinse cycle in all my laundry n dogs blankets. This looks so an environmental allergy. And you said Benadryl doesnā€™t work?

I know that the Benadryl is not making the rash any better, it also doesnā€™t seem to be bothering her at all. So I am just unsure of what it is and what caused it.

OP
J

Jeanna

Feb 21, 2020
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
We were using a grain free lamb food we switched her after we got her from her previous owner, the rash showed up 1 1/2 days later. So we switched her back to what they had her on which is pedigree but itā€™s such bad quality we donā€™t really like the idea of that. I am planning on doing a homemade diet with ground beef and rice to detox her system.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
We were using a grain free lamb food we switched her after we got her from her previous owner, the rash showed up 1 1/2 days later. So we switched her back to what they had her on which is pedigree but itā€™s such bad quality we donā€™t really like the idea of that. I am planning on doing a homemade diet with ground beef and rice to detox her system.

Usually food allergies wonā€™t kick in that fast and plus itā€™s not bothering her. Especially now sheā€™s back on what she was previously eating n flares are still not improving. Why I say definitely environmental. Aside from pedigree, the previous owner give you anything else to use or do? Was there a blanket in the vehicle that was washed with tide...etc etc...

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.