puppy sits with paw out to the side

Bella Bulldog

Dec 9, 2019
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Today I noticed that Bella our 3.5 month old puppy sits with one of her feet out to the side. She runs around and doesn’t seem to be in any pain. What could this be? 4AF896B2-D865-4401-B357-AC5D3EFB4BFB.jpeg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I don't think it is abnormal.... [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION]

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
They both look about the same to me. How are her feet when she walks? If you are worried, you could add some bone meal(maybe a spoonful) each day.

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Photo is distorted but for me it looks not only like outward paws but also like a down pasterns. It happens sometimes in dogs, and this condition can be inborn and connected to elbow dysplasia or happen because of bad diet. It is better to ask your vet, they will tell you if it just your dog looks which are affected or there is something more sinister to it. Don’t ignore it, because bulldogs have significant body weight and if it is something more serious then you will need to do something about it.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I have heard that the outward paws can be connected to diet and that it can be corrected up until about 7 months of age or so. I would talk to the vet.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Outward paws is not normal. If she just sat like that one time, no problem, but if she is like that all the time, not normal.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.