Some trouble with Cinder

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
It’s only the back right leg.. if it wasn’t for seeing her walk funny, you wouldn’t know anything was wrong... she’s wouldn’t limit herself at all if I didn’t force her to.. I will get the CLO and frankincense... will check into the best cbd option...
thank you.

Don’t overdo it with all sorts. Try to remove the things that doesn’t seem to work or any improvement n use the ones I’ve given you. Example, get rid of the salmon oil, use the cod, get rid of your massage oil/cream idk... n use frankincense. Btw, get a carrier oil n use like one tablespoon of it, add 5 drops of frankincense. I use the frankincense pure but your dog is not use to it. Dilute first n see how puppy does. Keep me up to date so I can know the mixtures you’re doing. You can also add 3 drops of eucalyptus to the frankincense. :) CLO buy it at Costco where the vitamins are. I keep mine in the fridge. I know capsules you can store it at room temperature but never bottled fish oil. And yes I still keep my capsules in the fridge. Fish/salmon oil is very rich in omegas. Like double of the Cod. Cod is extremely rich in A n D. D as we know is fantastic for the bones as it regulates the calcium in our bodies. Vitamin A is great for the immune system. And yes eyes too. Humans should also be taking CLO... :)

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I’m in Canada so our CANNABIS or CBD is illegal to cross or vise versa [MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION] can help you there. Citti uses CBD for Jax. I never use salmon or fish oils but only CLO as mentioned. The difference is that the the oil/fat is extracted from the liver n not under the skin like all the other fish. Liver is an organ as you know so it’s way more potent in my book. Frankincense, you need a high quality like DoTerra or Young Living. Expensive but worth it if you want to go holistic way.

The inflammation, is it the leg joints only or elsewhere like the neck etc?

Yes, I give CBD oil to Jax, my Frenchie. I have tried a few different brands but have now been using one from a local pet shop. You can order it online as well. They have a couple different ones to choose from. https://www.allthebestpetcare.com/shop/?_sft_product_cat=cbd-for-dogs&orderby=popularity

OP
EllieMay

EllieMay

Oct 6, 2019
Marshall Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cinder
Just an update...

There are no answers! Cinders case is being reviewed by a bulldog vet in Texarkana.. the good news is that whatever the case may be, Cinder is improving..she is still on the Rimadyl, i do 3 drops of frankincense on her knee, she takes cosequin max, NuVet supplement , and cbd with turmeric chews. We haven’t swapped to the Cod liver oil only because I couldn’t find it.. now I went back and re read and see where the suggestion was to get it... she is doing great and every now and then you see a slight limp... I can’t let her run and just be a bulldog though:-(..

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Just an update...

There are no answers! Cinders case is being reviewed by a bulldog vet in Texarkana.. the good news is that whatever the case may be, Cinder is improving..she is still on the Rimadyl, i do 3 drops of frankincense on her knee, she takes cosequin max, NuVet supplement , and cbd with turmeric chews. We haven’t swapped to the Cod liver oil only because I couldn’t find it.. now I went back and re read and see where the suggestion was to get it... she is doing great and every now and then you see a slight limp... I can’t let her run and just be a bulldog though:-(..

Slow progress is better than none. Prayers continued

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Just an update...

Cod liver oil is sold at Costco. That’s where I get mine. Frankincense can be rub also along the spine. As you know, like humans, it’s the whole spine that controls our movements. Do put frankincense alone the spine but concentrate the bottom section n hips 3x a day for now. Then when you see improvement for a good week do it 2x a day. As you probably read, needs to be organic turmeric n that pinch of black pepper. Let me know if you’re not sure of something BEFORE you do anything. Especially mixes. :)

OP
EllieMay

EllieMay

Oct 6, 2019
Marshall Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cinder
Cod liver oil is sold at Costco. That’s where I get mine. Frankincense can be rub also along the spine. As you know, like humans, it’s the whole spine that controls our movements. Do put frankincense alone the spine but concentrate the bottom section n hips 3x a day for now. Then when you see improvement for a good week do it 2x a day. As you probably read, needs to be organic turmeric n that pinch of black pepper. Let me know if you’re not sure of something BEFORE you do anything. Especially mixes. :)

Thank you! I found the CLO yesterday.. we don’t have Costco around here but it was right in the vitamins at Walmart ;-)

OP
EllieMay

EllieMay

Oct 6, 2019
Marshall Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cinder
So we finally heard back from the Bulldog Vet... He reassured me that Cinder does not have any issues with her hips, bones, or tears in ligaments... he said that the problem stems from rapid growth combined with the luxating patella.. he said there was significant changes in the growth plates on her films (xrays) that were taken only 10 days apart... not bad changes, just so much that everything can’t keep up..he wouldn’t even consider surgery for it for at least a year.. at which point time will have either accelerated or reduced / possibly fixed the problem..since she has been showing improvement, he said it’s likely that we can strengthen her ligaments with exercise to hold the patella in place as the growth plates grow into permanent position.. (I think we already have some) ...

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online