Some trouble with Cinder

EllieMay

Oct 6, 2019
Marshall Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cinder
My baby girl has been having a hard time the past couple weeks. I noticed her giving to her right leg a bit and took her in to get checked.. Luxating patella, grade 2 was the diagnosis...we did a full set of xrays just to be sure ( I was worried about her hips or a torn ligament) . Vet said the xrays looked great so we got some anti inflammatories and came home.. I swapped her food to AvoDerm Joint health, got some supplements going and started doing some water therapy... seemed okay and then one day the limp was horrible.. I kept her close to me and made an appointment for the next day. In the meantime.. I swore I seen her limp on the wrong leg... same thing from the vet again. I made an appointment with an orthopedic vet for a second opinion. The limp scares me. We saw her Thursday and she did not feel that the limp was related to the knee at all. She mentioned possible Pano... We took a second set of xrays . Those, along with the first set have been sent to Pet Rays for a thorough evaluation and report. I expect a call on Monday...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ugh! Try to keep her calm, with crate rest for a few days. It my just be some sore muscles .... was she running or jumping?

OP
EllieMay

EllieMay

Oct 6, 2019
Marshall Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cinder
We are doing lots of rest but this has been ongoing now for a couple weeks.. she will be great after resting all day but any amount of activity seems to set her back... I am anxiously awaiting her radiology reports.. She is not really bothered which is a huge problem with trying to restrict her activities.. she will take off in a heartbeat if your not hangin on to her... there was no initial trauma that started this though... itā€™s crazy.. the Pano sounds like a good diagnosis but thatā€™s just so sad and irritating for me to accept.. I need to KNOW so I can treat...Iā€™m grinding my teeth at this point.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Willow limps... but she's constantly jumping and running around like a maniac. I try to keep her calm, and give her a couple of days of rest... but she hates it. I hope that Cinder gets better soon!!!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We are doing lots of rest but this has been ongoing now for a couple weeks.. she will be great after resting all day but any amount of activity seems to set her back... I am anxiously awaiting her radiology reports.. She is not really bothered which is a huge problem with trying to restrict her activities.. she will take off in a heartbeat if your not hangin on to her... there was no initial trauma that started this though... itā€™s crazy.. the Pano sounds like a good diagnosis but thatā€™s just so sad and irritating for me to accept.. I need to KNOW so I can treat...Iā€™m grinding my teeth at this point.

Reading up on Pano... it seems plausible and better than needing surgery but I think it is life long , right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
EllieMay

EllieMay

Oct 6, 2019
Marshall Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cinder
Do you know why she limps? I just donā€™t want Cinder in pain. Not at all but especially not for something I can prevent? She is still so young! Iā€™m just praying we can out grow whatever this is.

OP
EllieMay

EllieMay

Oct 6, 2019
Marshall Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cinder
I have been researching everything I can on Pano and it seems like it dissipates on its own somewhere between the age of 18-24 months.. the symptoms could be nonexistent or severe at any time until that point.. itā€™s essentially an inflammation of the bone which can be treated with meds.. If that is the diagnosis..... I have been educating myself on every natural, and medical treatments you can imagine...

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I have been researching everything I can on Pano and it seems like it dissipates on its own somewhere between the age of 18-24 months.. the symptoms could be nonexistent or severe at any time until that point.. itā€™s essentially an inflammation of the bone which can be treated with meds.. If that is the diagnosis..... I have been educating myself on every natural, and medical treatments you can imagine...
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] ... is an essential oils guru

OP
EllieMay

EllieMay

Oct 6, 2019
Marshall Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cinder
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] ... is an essential oils guru

I have been going through all of the articles on her thread... I also ordered a hemp and turmeric supplement to use as well.
I know she has the luxating patella but am having to think broad at this point until I get another diagnosis.... I have been doing hydro therapy and massage for the knee and it already ā€œfeelsā€ better.. meaning I am not feeling it pop near as much as it was...

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Poor little Cinder. Castor sends his best regards and we hope Cinder will soon feel fine again!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I have been going through all of the articles on her thread... I also ordered a hemp and turmeric supplement to use as well.
I know she has the luxating patella but am having to think broad at this point until I get another diagnosis.... I have been doing hydro therapy and massage for the knee and it already ā€œfeelsā€ better.. meaning I am not feeling it pop near as much as it was...

FANTASTIC!!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

Sorry I had to fly home n just got back...... Catching up here

Have you tried Cod liver oil? Itā€™s the richest sources of omega-3 fatty acids (EPA & DHA) which have natural anti-inflammatories. And is also has a huge source of vitamin D which plays such a huge role for healthy bone. When it comes to dogs, Iā€™m more for the CLO. Also thereā€™s, Alfalfa, turmeric or raw eggs. I personally would be giving my dogs CBD. For essential oil, definitely frankincense. Simply massage onto inflammation areas....

OP
EllieMay

EllieMay

Oct 6, 2019
Marshall Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cinder
Sorry I had to fly home n just got back...... Catching up here

Have you tried Cod liver oil? Itā€™s the richest sources of omega-3 fatty acids (EPA & DHA) which have natural anti-inflammatories. And is also has a huge source of vitamin D which plays such a huge role for healthy bone. When it comes to dogs, Iā€™m more for the CLO. Also thereā€™s, Alfalfa, turmeric or raw eggs. I personally would be giving my dogs CBD. For essential oil, definitely frankincense. Simply massage onto inflammation areas....

Can you tell me what CBD oil you would use and the dosage? Also the frankincense... I havenā€™t tried the CLO but have been using Salmon oil and turmeric... She has all the vets stumped right now:-(

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Can you tell me what CBD oil you would use and the dosage? Also the frankincense... I havenā€™t tried the CLO but have been using Salmon oil and turmeric... She has all the vets stumped right now:-(

Iā€™m in Canada so our CANNABIS or CBD is illegal to cross or vise versa [MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION] can help you there. Citti uses CBD for Jax. I never use salmon or fish oils but only CLO as mentioned. The difference is that the the oil/fat is extracted from the liver n not under the skin like all the other fish. Liver is an organ as you know so itā€™s way more potent in my book. Frankincense, you need a high quality like DoTerra or Young Living. Expensive but worth it if you want to go holistic way.

The inflammation, is it the leg joints only or elsewhere like the neck etc?

OP
EllieMay

EllieMay

Oct 6, 2019
Marshall Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cinder
Iā€™m in Canada so our CANNABIS or CBD is illegal to cross or vise versa [MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION] can help you there. Citti uses CBD for Jax. I never use salmon or fish oils but only CLO as mentioned. The difference is that the the oil/fat is extracted from the liver n not under the skin like all the other fish. Liver is an organ as you know so itā€™s way more potent in my book. Frankincense, you need a high quality like DoTerra or Young Living. Expensive but worth it if you want to go holistic way.
The inflammation, is it the leg joints only or elsewhere like the neck etc?

Itā€™s only the back right leg.. if it wasnā€™t for seeing her walk funny, you wouldnā€™t know anything was wrong... sheā€™s wouldnā€™t limit herself at all if I didnā€™t force her to.. I will get the CLO and frankincense... will check into the best cbd option...
thank you.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.