tonytomo

Feb 15, 2020
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Tony
Hi guys,
We purchased an all white English bulldog named Tony last year, he is 10 months old now,
Over the past 2 months we have seen changes in his skin, it started with a small round bald patch on the back of his neck which showed scaily dry skin, he didn’t seem bothered by it but more and more of these small penny sized patches started appearing all over his body, and the skin around the inside of his legs and armpits appears extremely red. We have took him to the vet and he is currently undergoing test but I wanted to get some advice on experienced bulldog owners who may have come across this before. We put him of raw food around 3 months ago after reading about the benefits from it, and he really enjoys it but not sure if that could be a factor. Any advice is welcome, thankyou!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi guys,
We purchased an all white English bulldog named Tony last year, he is 10 months old now,
Over the past 2 months we have seen changes in his skin, it started with a small round bald patch on the back of his neck which showed scaily dry skin, he didn’t seem bothered by it but more and more of these small penny sized patches started appearing all over his body, and the skin around the inside of his legs and armpits appears extremely red. We have took him to the vet and he is currently undergoing test but I wanted to get some advice on experienced bulldog owners who may have come across this before. We put him of raw food around 3 months ago after reading about the benefits from it, and he really enjoys it but not sure if that could be a factor. Any advice is welcome, thankyou!

sounds like it might be staph infection.... can you post a picture. Also, what protein are you feeding with the raw?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Agree with possible staph. Did you Vet do a skin swab? Baths with anti bacterial shampoo is helpful, and a probiotic with his food for him would be good to strengthen his system, as antibiotic kill good bacteria,also [MENTION=19492]tonytomo[/MENTION]

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.