Cytopoint and Apoquel Questions

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
Hi everyone
So Oliver got his first Cytopoint shot Tuesday night @ 6 pm, last night and this morning he is rubbing everywhere. Face is red more so than when taking apoquel?

Any thoughts / suggestions?

was wondering if anyone does better with apoquel or does anyone supplement both? :pray:

OP
BabyDuke

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
I would call your vet and see what they say, is this normal?

More info on Cytopoint v Apoquel.
https://www.hemopet.org/cytopoint-dogs-itchy-skin/

I did she said we have to " wait and see" some respond much better to the apoquel, others to the shot and has many who take both.
I was just wondering if any of the bullies here have experienced it.
I am so disappointed. BUT she said to give it a few more days, and try another shot in 4 weeks?

thank you for the link!

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Hi everyone
So Oliver got his first Cytopoint shot Tuesday night @ 6 pm, last night and this morning he is rubbing everywhere. Face is red more so than when taking apoquel?

was wondering if anyone does better with apoquel or does anyone supplement both? :pray:

Bentley had the Cytopoint shot and he still needed the Apoquel. he is still on Apoquel along with Immunotherapy.

OP
BabyDuke

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
Bentley had the Cytopoint shot and he still needed the Apoquel. he is still on Apoquel along with Immunotherapy.

thank you! Uggh yep after talking with a few people today some are on both .. my concern is he wasn't that bad on the apoquel. We were just hoping to switch him to the shot. ( once a month vs taking apoquel daily )
going to give it another month and see.

I appreciate your sharing what is working for you.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
thank you! Uggh yep after talking with a few people today some are on both .. my concern is he wasn't that bad on the apoquel. We were just hoping to switch him to the shot. ( once a month vs taking apoquel daily )
going to give it another month and see.

I appreciate your sharing what is working for you.

I sympathize with you. I hated seeing my little boy suffer scratching and itching. We were told the shot takes time to work in the system. Hang in there.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Damn!! Something you donā€™t see coming! [MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION] insight from Jax?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Damn!! Something you donā€™t see coming! [MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION] insight from Jax?

Jax actually took to the Cytopoint straight away. I did give the Apoquel for maybe two days, just in case, cause the vet did tell me it could take a couple of days.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Bummer... hopefully it just takes some time.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hi everyone

How is Duke doing?

OP
BabyDuke

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
How is Duke doing?

sorry had a hard time logging in yesterday on my home computer . Heā€™s better Iā€™m giving him apoquel then going to try and wean off in few days to see how he does ...itā€™s crazy he actually seemed worse after the shot . Iā€™ll kerp posting with our results . Thank you everyone
PS Duke was our first bully , we lost him 3 years ago to gastric torsion. Our new guy who is almost 4 is Oliver ā¤ļø

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sorry. I was unaware. I do not want to open any wounds.

Hope Oliver gets better.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

OP
BabyDuke

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
Sorry. I was unaware. I do not want to open any wounds.

Hope Oliver gets better.
Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
no worries at all ! My original user name was Duke , itā€™s all good ā¤ļøthank you for checking in on us !

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.