Adunn

Jan 27, 2020
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey
Good morning. Our English bulldog has been having really bad allergies we changed her diet to homemade food but she's still having issues with her allergies and now is getting these bald spots. I'm not sure if they are related or not. Her new food is beef bone broth, turkey breast and ground, carrots, celery, sweet potatoes, green beans, corn, kale and eggs. Does anyone know what these spots are? Any help would be appreciated. They don't seem to bug her. IMG_20200127_062524.jpgIMG_20200127_062512.jpgIMG_20200127_062617.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Good morning. Our English bulldog has been having really bad allergies we changed her diet to homemade food but she's still having issues with her allergies and now is getting these bald spots. I'm not sure if they are related or not. Her new food is beef bone broth, turkey breast and ground, carrots, celery, sweet potatoes, green beans, corn, kale and eggs. Does anyone know what these spots are? Any help would be appreciated. They don't seem to bug her. View attachment 118430View attachment 118431View attachment 118432

are they three different spots or all the same one? Looks to me like possible infection or ring worm.
[MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION]

OP
A

Adunn

Jan 27, 2020
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey
are they three different spots or all the same one? Looks to me like possible infection or ring worm.
[MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION]

It's three different spots.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It's three different spots.

ok... I’d get a vet check. Doesn’t seem to be staph, how old is he? If u dear a year, it could be mange

OP
A

Adunn

Jan 27, 2020
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey
She's almost 5. She's been having bad allergies so we changed her food about a month or so ago to homemade food. But she's still licking her paws like we never changed her food. I don't know if this is related or if it's ringworm or something else completely.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
She's almost 5. She's been having bad allergies so we changed her food about a month or so ago to homemade food. But she's still licking her paws like we never changed her food. I don't know if this is related or if it's ringworm or something else completely.

it totally could be allergy related... I’d stop the corn in the food and switch to duck protein or bison if you can find them. Less allergens with those two protein

OP
A

Adunn

Jan 27, 2020
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey
Thank you!! She's so sensitive to everything it's hard to know what she's allergic to. Or if it's something bigger

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you!! She's so sensitive to everything it's hard to know what she's allergic to. Or if it's something bigger

my guy is allergic to everything green..grass, weeds, tress, etc. also allergic to lamb, soy, chicken and corn. He is on raw food , duck, rabbit, turkey rotation and he gets a Cytopoint shot every two months, if not, he would have ear infections constantly

OP
A

Adunn

Jan 27, 2020
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey
my guy is allergic to everything green..grass, weeds, tress, etc. also allergic to lamb, soy, chicken and corn. He is on raw food , duck, rabbit, turkey rotation and he gets a Cytopoint shot every two months, if not, he would have ear infections constantly

Thank you so much for the advice!! We talked about getting her on that shot as well. It feels like since moving out to Vegas she's up and down with her allergies and lately it's been bad...where we come home and a spot on the couch is soaked from her licking her paws. The spots on her back are not red except for one but that happened after I put come coconut oil on it. The rest just look like whiter dry round patches. I didn't know if it was from allergies, ringworm or she not getting enough nutrition from her homemade food.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you so much for the advice!! We talked about getting her on that shot as well. It feels like since moving out to Vegas she's up and down with her allergies and lately it's been bad...where we come home and a spot on the couch is soaked from her licking her paws. The spots on her back are not red except for one but that happened after I put come coconut oil on it. The rest just look like whiter dry round patches. I didn't know if it was from allergies, ringworm or she not getting enough nutrition from her homemade food.

have you thought about raw. Primal, vital essentials, Stella and chewy.... she might be missing some nutrition as they need bone and organs blended with the meat

OP
A

Adunn

Jan 27, 2020
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey
have you thought about raw. Primal, vital essentials, Stella and chewy.... she might be missing some nutrition as they need bone and organs blended with the meat

We hadn't thought about raw but we will now. Thank you!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We hadn't thought about raw but we will now. Thank you!

It made an amazing difference for Lambeau... he lost his fur on both sides, as soon as I put him on raw, it was all coming back within a month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I would put some NuStock on her spots.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
We switched to semi-raw for our two... Walter was having hair loss, ear infection, you name it. We also get the Cytopoint injections... it's been a lifesaver, and keeping the vet bills down somewhat.

BeefCake

Mar 29, 2013
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefcake
Good morning. Our English bulldog has been having really bad allergies we changed her diet to homemade food but she's still having issues with her allergies and now is getting these bald spots. I'm not sure if they are related or not. Her new food is beef bone broth, turkey breast and ground, carrots, celery, sweet potatoes, green beans, corn, kale and eggs. Does anyone know what these spots are? Any help would be appreciated. They don't seem to bug her. View attachment 118430View attachment 118431View attachment 118432

We have two EBs and our 7yr old has awful allergies. He constantly licks his paws to the point of sores and bleeding, hair loss, sores like yours pictured (which are new and we are hoping is only due to allergies), swollen face, puffy eyes etc... our vet recommended a special test (we have pet insurance through nationwide and it covered it) it came back with a long list of what he is and isnt allergic to. From there we were able to find a special (food $100 a bag) and that's helped with the throwing up. They also got a special drop just for him to help with the outdoor allergies. The drops unfortunately didnt work. But we found out he is allergic to EVERYTHING besides eggs potatoes corn and beat juice lol. But anything for our bullies! Maybe see if your vet could do a test like that.. hope it helps !

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.