Multiple dogs not seasoning coming into heat

Roxy123

Jan 23, 2020
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxy
Basically I had 3 bulldog bitches which 1 had a litter which died due to a pup getting stuck in her canal and shes never came back into heat again a year and a half later but on top of that my other 2 bitches which haven't had any bad pregnancy also are not coming into heat for over over year I have asked vets advice but not got much help at all has any else had or heard of this happening? Any advice you could give me thanks

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I though bitches had to have caesareans, or am I wrong? I know nothing about breeding but that is what I have always heard to prevent situations like the one that happened.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=1950]goobers mom[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
R

Roxy123

Jan 23, 2020
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxy
I though bitches had to have caesareans, or am I wrong? I know nothing about breeding but that is what I have always heard to prevent situations like the one that happened.

Ye she should have I was new an I was advised by the vets to wait to wait till late labour an I missed it an she started pushing out the pups but doesn't explain the other dogs not coming into to season

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
A lot of times other bitches will go in to heat the same time as the dominant bitch, why not the other way around too... no real knowledge or experience, just a thought.

OP
R

Roxy123

Jan 23, 2020
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxy
Well any thoughts are welcome either way better to have something to work from coz at the moment I have nothing

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Ye she should have I was new an I was advised by the vets to wait to wait till late labour an I missed it an she started pushing out the pups but doesn't explain the other dogs not coming into to season

Make sure you have an experienced bulldog vet, especially if you plan on breeding.

Most Reactions