Thread: Black Spots on Skin

Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Newman and Winslow
    Likes (Received)

Default Black Spots on Skin

My senior bulldog as developed some mole like spots on his skin. Most are flat and 2 are slightly raised. Just noticed them so will make him an appointment but curious if anyone had any suggestions on what it could he. He has a history of allergies and in the past 3 months hes had two bouts of diarrhea (one that put him on metronidazole). Something is definitely up with his system. Hes been on a Acana duck and pear food for the past few years.-e3582e11-b68c-4f50-856a-b79750c2cd53-jpeg-df1ec284-5281-45ea-a0b7-7a8d062706f9-jpg-e17e9f99-fb7d-43bc-92fa-8db4043f340d-jpg

2. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Black Spots on Skin

Quote Originally Posted by newmanwinslow View Post
    My senior bulldog as developed some mole like spots on his skin. Most are flat and 2 are slightly raised. Just noticed them so will make him an appointment but curious if anyone had any suggestions on what it could he. He has a history of allergies and in the past 3 months he’s had two bouts of diarrhea (one that put him on metronidazole). Something is definitely up with his system. He’s been on a Acana duck and pear food for the past few years.-e3582e11-b68c-4f50-856a-b79750c2cd53-jpeg-df1ec284-5281-45ea-a0b7-7a8d062706f9-jpg-e17e9f99-fb7d-43bc-92fa-8db4043f340d-jpg
    Hi the neighbour! If you use your nail I’m pretty sure it’s like a bunch of tiny scabs. My white face Jake just had that which was caused by his collar. Just find out he’s developed an allergy to metal. Anyhoo, before going to the vet I put NuStock. I wash it properly, scrape the little black scabs, yes there was blood underneath n I added NuStock. Within 2 days was almost gone as I caught it on time like you. When to double check at his vet n vets simply said to shave it n around and continue to with NuStock. So basically it took 4 days and all back to normal. You’re lucky you’ve seen it especially being that dark of coat. Btw, Acana Duck is perfect.

How old is your dog? You might want to top on a meal per day about 1/2cup of raw liver n heart. Your dog needs to build up his immune system. A good natural probiotic like raw, fermented sauerkraut or fermented veggies in the fridge area is perfect.

2nd day
    -fd9bf6f6-84d9-4572-9089-6e0475390cb5-jpeg

4th day
    -45ea98c1-523b-4cef-b672-7321b87e2ab2-jpeg

Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Newman and Winslow
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for the reply! I definitely cannot scratch them off. It’s more along his back, and he very rarely wears a collar (we live on a few acres and he’s an old lazy man - 9 years old)

5. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by newmanwinslow View Post
    Thanks for the reply! I definitely cannot scratch them off. It’s more along his back, and he very rarely wears a collar (we live on a few acres and he’s an old lazy man - 9 years old)
    Maybe I should of been clearer. Sorry about that. I’m looking at your photos which looks like minuscule blacks scabs which are basically very hard. When I tried to scrape them, I had to really scrape hard but just a few came off. Size was like a grain of salt. Has your dog been scratching or it’s not bothering him?
    @Manydogs, @oscarmayer

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Possibly due to blocked subaceous gland,or hair follical, or just aging -us oldies get creepy things! But-best to let the vet have a look!
    "
    It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

8. Likes helsonwheels, nubonics, 2BullyMama liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Never seen those...please let us know what vet says they are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Rescue Volunteer
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    Possibly due to blocked subaceous gland,or hair follical, or just aging -us oldies get creepy things! But-best to let the vet have a look!
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!

11. Likes Manydogs liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dollys Owner View Post
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!
    Thank you!!
    "
    It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Remove Ads