Mamma sat on puppy and back legs wobbly

Snowfrog03

Jan 13, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pigeon
Hello! I am looking at a sweet puppy from a wonderful home breeder. The puppy I picked was sat on by her mamma & now is having hind leg problems. She can stand (front legs seem very strong) & walks but is wobbly. Sheā€™s been seen by vet who is recommending therapeutic massage several times day. He does not want to consider surgery yet as sheā€™s so young still - 4 1/2 weeks old.
My question is - is there hope? Has anyone had this situation before?

Thank you.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Will tag someone for you....

[MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION]

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello! I am looking at a sweet puppy from a wonderful home breeder. The puppy I picked was sat on by her mamma & now is having hind leg problems. She can stand (front legs seem very strong) & walks but is wobbly. Sheā€™s been seen by vet who is recommending therapeutic massage several times day. He does not want to consider surgery yet as sheā€™s so young still - 4 1/2 weeks old.
My question is - is there hope? Has anyone had this situation before?

Thank you.

I tagged several here that breed or have bred... hopefully one will have some insight

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Time will tell...watch carefully.
That being said...
The Vet does not want to consider surgery because of her age? Surgery on what? Whatā€™s the diagnosis? No VET will consider orthopedic surgery on any dog, regardless of age, unless there has been a definitive diagnosis. What is the diagnosis?
I hate to sound harsh, but...a ā€œwonderful home breederā€ would not have allowed this to happen. Pups are never left alone with the Mum. Many puppies have been injured or suffocated because of a lack of supervision...totally avoidable.
My advice is to hope that itā€™s a soft tissue injury and watch closely for improvement. If not vastly improved in the next 10-14 days, do not take this pup.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Agree with Chip. I sure wouldnā€™t take the dog. Also I would question why the breeder is selling this dog without knowing the outcome. If I were you, definitely wait.

OP
S

Snowfrog03

Jan 13, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pigeon
Sorry. I didnā€™t phrase my post well. There are no broken bones or internal injuries so it is a strain? Nobody said she needed surgery - I asked that question specifically & was told no way. This is the first time heā€™s bred & he LOVES his dogs. Keeps them so clean and has an excellent vet. However, I take your comment but I still trust him. I will pray & hope for best over next couple weeks. Thank you for taking time to respond to me. I really appreciate it.
Will tag someone for you....

[MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION]

OP
S

Snowfrog03

Jan 13, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pigeon
Oh & heā€™s not going to sell her if sheā€™s not better. He will keep. I feel bad I made this look bad. He could not be kinder or more loving of his dogs.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh & heā€™s not going to sell her if sheā€™s not better. He will keep. I feel bad I made this look bad. He could not be kinder or more loving of his dogs.

No worries. We just commented on what we read. But heh, now that you made it clearer, see what happens :)

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
So with Louie, the week I was supposed to pick him up, he was running around with his mom and she ran over him and sprained his leg. He was about 9 weeks old at this time. They kept him another week and confined so he could heal and never had any issues with it. Not sure if age affects healing process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo

Most Reactions

Members online