Vitamins or additives to help

stanlee

Aug 8, 2019
Leeds
Country
united kingdon
Bulldog(s) Names
Maisey
My 14 week old girl has a lazy back leg, I have read somewhere that you can give something to help I believe it's something to do with calcium or some sort of deficiency in vitamins but can't remember what can help.
Has anyone heard of anything that could help?
Thanks

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What do you mean by lazy?

You can give joint supplements... we use Movoflex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
What do you mean by lazy?

You can give joint supplements... we use Movoflex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't start giving joint supplements until the dog stops growing- which means at around 12-18 months of age.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Before giving anything what do you mean by lazy leg? Old injury?

OP
S

stanlee

Aug 8, 2019
Leeds
Country
united kingdon
Bulldog(s) Names
Maisey
Let me try to explain lol. When we walk Maisie and give her a little run I think every now and then her left back leg seems to hop like it isn't going to the floor this only happens when running when walking it seems fine. My wife says I'm imagining it because I've been reading and looking for a problem since we got her. My wife maybe right lol. I had seen somewhere that pups can have a slow leg or something and they grow out of it but I could be getting confused with something else lol.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Let me try to explain lol. When we walk Maisie and give her a little run I think every now and then her left back leg seems to hop like it isn't going to the floor this only happens when running when walking it seems fine. My wife says I'm imagining it because I've been reading and looking for a problem since we got her. My wife maybe right lol. I had seen somewhere that pups can have a slow leg or something and they grow out of it but I could be getting confused with something else lol.

You better start breathing. Sheā€™s only 14 weeks old n itā€™s every now n then sheā€™ll lift her leg. Simply keep an eye on it but I think sheā€™ll out grow this. Sheā€™s still a puppy. I wouldnā€™t give any supplements at that age. Instead get wild caught frozen whole fish. Head n all. Like sardines or herring. Give it as noon snack, add a teaspoon of coconut oil or EVOO in one meal per day. Get oils in her but from food. If a puppy is started off with proper food you really donā€™t need any supplements especially at that age. Mine are 3 n 4ish n started giving them CBD oil every other day as maintenance:)

OP
S

stanlee

Aug 8, 2019
Leeds
Country
united kingdon
Bulldog(s) Names
Maisey
Thank you Helsonwheels. I think you are right I should just relax lol

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Thank you Helsonwheels. I think you are right I should just relax lol

Is your username because you like Marvel comics? If so you could have named Maisey "She Hulk", "Storm" , or "Jean Grey" . Just kidding.

OP
S

stanlee

Aug 8, 2019
Leeds
Country
united kingdon
Bulldog(s) Names
Maisey
Is your username because you like Marvel comics? If so you could have named Maisey "She Hulk", "Storm" , or "Jean Grey" . Just kidding.

Good shout but I doubt my wife would approve of calling her Hulk lol. Maisie is a little lady not a big bruiser:lol:

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Good shout but I doubt my wife would approve of calling her Hulk lol. Maisie is a little lady not a big bruiser:lol:

Wouldn't hurt to ask her about "She Hulk" . Especially if she likes Marvel comics too. LOL

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Staff online

Members online