Laceerenee

Jan 7, 2020
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harper Jane
I am a new bulldog mom to a 10 month old girl named Harper Jane.
She was a rescue I took her in and I am completely lost.
She has been fully vetted, up to date on everything, going to be fixed on the 20th.
I got her 5 days ago and when she first came to me her poop was runny, now itā€™s in the in between stages of being runny and not. What can I do to fix this?
Also she refuses to poop while on the leash, only on her pads. Now she will pee outside on the leash. What do you all think I should do to help with this?

Also, I have a cat in the house. What can I do to ease the transition for him, being he was the only animal now with a puppy in the house.

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
[MENTION=19414]Laceerenee[/MENTION] - Thank you so much for Rescueing that baby!! :loveeyes: :loveeyes: - she is in a new place, it will take a little time for her adjust.

You can add a Tablespoon of Canned Pumpkin Puree (not the Pie kind with spices) 1X a day, that should help.

When you think she is just about ready to poop on her Pad, get her outside on the leash the best you can, and AS SOON as she poops, give her a treat she LOVES!! I found out Ellie LOVES Green Beans and will ANYTHING to get them, I used this for LOTS of her Training.

Good Luck Mama!! - YOU GOT THIS!!

I know some more Experienced member will be along.

OH and we LOVE Picture - Show us this CUTIE :)

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
I am a new bulldog mom to a 10 month old girl named Harper Jane.
She was a rescue I took her in and I am completely lost.
She has been fully vetted, up to date on everything, going to be fixed on the 20th.
I got her 5 days ago and when she first came to me her poop was runny, now itā€™s in the in between stages of being runny and not. What can I do to fix this?
Also she refuses to poop while on the leash, only on her pads. Now she will pee outside on the leash. What do you all think I should do to help with this?

Also, I have a cat in the house. What can I do to ease the transition for him, being he was the only animal now with a puppy in the house.

Welcome to you and Harper Jane! God Bless you for rescuing this girl! [MENTION=15424]MFrey2012[/MENTION] has you covered, I would have said the same, worked for Joey. This takes time, positive reinforcement, and patience but you WILL GET THERE! Let's see some photos, we LOVE photos!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Welcome!!!

Like mentioned this is all new. Will take time to settle in. Organic pumpkin purƩe would be a good start. Also what are you feeding Harper Jane? Love the name!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Welcome to EBN! Thank you for rescuing this little girl.

Give her at least one full month to get comfortable and three months to feel at home.

Maybe leave the leash on her in the house to get her use to it and she poo on pads with leash then hopefully transition to outside without issue

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
L

Laceerenee

Jan 7, 2020
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harper Jane
I am feeding her Purina One lamb and rice

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

Thereā€™s your issue. Absolutely stop feeding anything that has to do with Purina, Science Hill, Royal Canin..... itā€™s all full of grains n by products!!! Dangerous to feed any pets. These are dogs not farm animals so yes, thereā€™s your poop issues:(

Please start either on Acana, Zignature, Fromm... I would go with Acana single bags. Has organs n taurine. Fantastic for any pets. :yes:

Hereā€™s your ingredients

Lamb (Source Of Glucosamine), Rice Flour, Whole Grain Corn, Whole Grain Wheat, Chicken By-Product Meal (Source Of Glucosamine), Corn Gluten Meal, Soybean Meal, Beef Fat Naturally Preserved With Mixed-Tocopherols, Mono And Dicalcium Phosphate, Glycerin, Calcium Carbonate, Liver Flavor, Salt, Caramel Color, Soybean Oil, ...

https://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/choosing-dog-food/animal-by-products/

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

This is not a great food... look into a high quality kibble . Here are a few many members babies do well on, no particular order

Zingnature
Fromm
Acana
Orijen
Earthborn holistic

Also try to avoid chicken as many bulldogs have issues with it. Duck, turkey, are two of the better protein (less allergies)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
Welcome !

Thank you for rescuing this sweet baby. I love her name. Yes, as others mentioned organic pumpkin purƩe .

Sheā€™s in a new environment. My first rescue didnā€™t go poop for two days! I was a bit concerned , then I realized it was new to her finding her permanent home , getting to explore her new environment and eventually she did go potty !
She was a bit older then 4 1/2. Sheā€™s no longer with me . I got a new rescue .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.