Frontline flea Treatment

RalphTheBulldog

Aug 30, 2019
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Ralph
Has anyone put Frontline on the EB before? Ralph had a huge reaction being sick shaking uncontrollably, wouldn't recommend trying it anytime soon! he's fine now.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Has anyone put Frontline on the EB before? Ralph had a huge reaction being sick shaking uncontrollably, wouldn't recommend trying it anytime soon! he's fine now.

Oh my goodness!! Thank God he is ok now! Is this your first time using Frontline? How old is Ralph?

Many will not agree but I started Joey on Frontline as a young pup, she is now almost 5 years old and has NEVER had a problem. That's why I never stopped using it, because she has done fine on Frontline for several years, in fact this morning was her Frontline and Heartguard day.

OP
R

RalphTheBulldog

Aug 30, 2019
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Ralph
Ralph is 1.5, it's not the first time, i remember him being a bit funny when we did it before, but this time he went really weird, to the point i was going to take him to the emergency vet. scary to see, but fully mended now thank you. the joys of owning a dog!

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Jax started on Frontline with no issues but then I switched to Sentinel Spectrum chew tablet so both dogs are getting that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Ralph is 1.5, it's not the first time, i remember him being a bit funny when we did it before, but this time he went really weird, to the point i was going to take him to the emergency vet. scary to see, but fully mended now thank you. the joys of owning a dog!

Has Ralph had monthly Frontline treatments for his lifetime or did you recently switch over to Frontline?

OP
R

RalphTheBulldog

Aug 30, 2019
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Ralph
In all Honesty he doesn't have fleas or ticks, i'm thinking the dose they gave him for his size might have played a part, won't be using it again.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
After all the studies n proof on anything that has to do with fleas or ticks, you are all basically feeding your dogs/cats pesticides. I myself posted numerous times to stay away from them killers. It seeps into the bodyā€™s organs slowly but surely. :(

https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/frontline-harmful-dog/

https://www.homevet.com/is-it-safe-to-use-strong-chemicals-to-kill-fleas-and-ticks/

Consider the natural way which I use all the time when I go for hikes or walks in the Rockies. Rockies do have ticks as some mountain goats are found with ticks.... this is my go to for my pups n the bottom of my jeans n runners. Works!!

FOR TICKS

14 oz of Witch Hazel
12 drops of Lavender
15 drops of Citronella
15 drops of Lemongrass

Put all in a spray bottle and shake.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Never used frontline... only Sentinel chews for over a decade on four dogs with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Castor tried Frontline once and was itchy (and his coat looked all weird where we had administered the stuff) and he also developed a bad nose rope rash after a few days. Many dogs here use Frontline (for ticks) without any issues, though, but we switched to Bravecto (which gave him an upset tummy) and now he is on Nexguard. We only give tick prevention once or possibly twice a year, though, so not on a continuous basis.

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
After all the studies n proof on anything that has to do with fleas or ticks, you are all basically feeding your dogs/cats pesticides. I myself posted numerous times to stay away from them killers. It seeps into the bodyā€™s organs slowly but surely. :(

https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/frontline-harmful-dog/

https://www.homevet.com/is-it-safe-to-use-strong-chemicals-to-kill-fleas-and-ticks/

Consider the natural way which I use all the time when I go for hikes or walks in the Rockies. Rockies do have ticks as some mountain goats are found with ticks.... this is my go to for my pups n the bottom of my jeans n runners. Works!!

FOR TICKS

14 oz of Witch Hazel
12 drops of Lavender
15 drops of Citronella
15 drops of Lemongrass

Put all in a spray bottle and shake.
Does this recipe also work for fleas? Fortunately, where I am at, my elevation is high enough that we have very few fleas and ticks so I don't need to treat my dogs. However, I would like to give the ingredients to my husband and his LA pup

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Does this recipe also work for fleas? Fortunately, where I am at, my elevation is high enough that we have very few fleas and ticks so I don't need to treat my dogs. However, I would like to give the ingredients to my husband and his LA pup

Yes works for all bugs/insects. Iā€™ve been using it on Nyala for about 3 yrs now. I donā€™t use it everyday as we do have harsh winters here. No bugs anywhere. Lemongrass is one the bugs hates the smell. Hereā€™s a great like that explains or if I do I will be flooding this page lolll

https://www.naturallivingideas.com/essential-oils-to-repel-bugs-pests/

BTW, now that Iā€™ve been using tea tree on regular basis in the diffuser and itā€™s not affecting the dogs at all, I will be adding to the recipe at least 5 drops of it. Me..ME only till I see the results...

BUT...YES A BUT..YOU, Do not add it as this recipe is new to your puppy. Start with this recipe see how it goes. You donā€™t need to put a lot as it will last all day. Simply add it on your hands n just ā€œpetā€ it on the coat. On the dog collar, add 1-2 drops of lavender only on top/outside of the collar. Iā€™m telling you this as the link says tea tree is great for tick. So is my recipe. Again, if you have a cat in the house, you cannot use peppermint.

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] thank you!!!

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.