1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Yes, I was aware of the Zantac. He was also on Cisapride for a while which is also banned in humans.

OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Spoke to our vet 3 times today. He has decided to put him on anti-seizure meds to see if that helps him also prednisone for a week to see if that stimulates his appetite. Everyone is at a loss as to what is going on. He hardly ate yesterday, maybe a cup of puree at best. I keep offering him food of all different kinds and he is eating less and less. Tonight he actually ate half a can of Canidae Salmon dog food, YAY! I had to hand feed him but that is fine with me! Hopefully he will eat more later. I have also bought a couple of cans of pink salmon, sardines and I will feed him anything and everything I can think of to get some nourishment in him.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Spoke to our vet 3 times today. He has decided to put him on anti-seizure meds to see if that helps him also prednisone for a week to see if that stimulates his appetite. Everyone is at a loss as to what is going on. He hardly ate yesterday, maybe a cup of puree at best. I keep offering him food of all different kinds and he is eating less and less. Tonight he actually ate half a can of Canidae Salmon dog food, YAY! I had to hand feed him but that is fine with me! Hopefully he will eat more later. I have also bought a couple of cans of pink salmon, sardines and I will feed him anything and everything I can think of to get some nourishment in him.

you must feel so helpless... give him whatever he will take. Iā€™m sending positive thoughts, hugs and prayers.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Again, has anyone checked his GI track? This sounds like stomach/intestines issues. Food, Zantac, foamy bile, wet food. Like wet food is much easier to digest n itā€™s kind of working. Why Iā€™m questioning the acidity or even an infection in the stomach/intestines (GI track). Iā€™m no vet but a stomach infection it can be caused by bacteria, viruses, parasites, medications and/or even new foods. Why vomit may contain foamy or yellowish bile, especially after the stomach has been emptied.

OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Again, has anyone checked his GI track? This sounds like stomach/intestines issues. Food, Zantac, foamy bile, wet food. Like wet food is much easier to digest n itā€™s kind of working. Why Iā€™m questioning the acidity or even an infection in the stomach/intestines (GI track). Iā€™m no vet but a stomach infection it can be caused by bacteria, viruses, parasites, medications and/or even new foods. Why vomit may contain foamy or yellowish bile, especially after the stomach has been emptied.

Yes, they did at the ER and my vet did. Also gave him a barium meal for any obstruction etc, and everything looked fine. They had him on Metronidazole (Flagyl). The only drugs he is on at the moment is Kepra (seizures) and Prednisone for appetite.

He has only thrown up after a meal.

He ate another 1/2 can Canidae this morning. I think he thinks it's a treat as I hand feed him, whatever works! Let's hope this continues.

BTW. I really appreciate all the questions, suggestions I have received from everyone. I always find them helpful. :2thumbs:

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
[MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION], any input on this? Iā€™m asking you as youā€™re on the same level as me when it comes to experimenting with food.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Still praying for the boy! :pray::pray:

OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Monty has eaten just over a can of Canidae over two meals today. Hand-fed and he really seems to like it. He tried to throw up after the last meal (heaved, but nothing happened) but I think it was because he gulped it down too fast. Tiny bites next time. He has had two accidents in the house, another first, he was upset about it too, poor boy. I am putting that down to the Prednisone and his increased thirst.
It is such a relief to see him eat but I have a feeling we still have a way to go.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Monty has eaten just over a can of Canidae over two meals today. Hand-fed and he really seems to like it. He tried to throw up after the last meal (heaved, but nothing happened) but I think it was because he gulped it down too fast. Tiny bites next time. He has had two accidents in the house, another first, he was upset about it too, poor boy. I am putting that down to the Prednisone and his increased thirst.
It is such a relief to see him eat but I have a feeling we still have a way to go.

Baby steps... thank goodness he is eating

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.