Monty is home!!!!!

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
After I went him to see him this morning they said if nothing changes he can probably go home tonight. They called this afternoon and said we could get him later so we just got home with him. He is certainly better but still not 'well'. He has a ton of meds to be taken at different times of the day and night and we have to watch him closely. From now on, he can only have small very moist meals several times a day. I am sure he won't mind that! The little bugger ignored us when we went to get him! It was like "who are you"!!! I think he just might be angry with us!! He is snoring on his bed now so our house is whole again.

Thank you for all the good wishes, everyone. He certainly had us scared and we are not out of the woods yet but he is doing better.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Ohhhh what a beautiful Christmas present!!! Heā€™s home!! Yes....heā€™s going to love the wet food. Time to spoil him more Pam... Monty deserves it. Heā€™s our trooper. I have goosebumps. Im so happy heā€™s home. So hard at that age. I swear, they sure know how to freak us out. Do them baby steps and heā€™ll be back on track :yes: :dancing:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
After I went him to see him this morning they said if nothing changes he can probably go home tonight. They called this afternoon and said we could get him later so we just got home with him. He is certainly better but still not 'well'. He has a ton of meds to be taken at different times of the day and night and we have to watch him closely. From now on, he can only have small very moist meals several times a day. I am sure he won't mind that! The little bugger ignored us when we went to get him! It was like "who are you"!!! I think he just might be angry with us!! He is snoring on his bed now so our house is whole again.

Thank you for all the good wishes, everyone. He certainly had us scared and we are not out of the woods yet but he is doing better.

AWESOME!!! So very happy to see he is home... I was thinking of you all day praying he would get well!

Baby steps and spoil him even more

Happy happy dance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
A warm hug from Castor & Co. Great to hear he is home.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Such a wonderful gift, that Monty is home! Continued prayer for him(and YOU) that he will keep improving! Be strong Monty,and eat well! This force(EBN) is with you!:starwars:

OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Monty seems a bit better tonight. Yay! He is not drooling or coughing as much and doesn't sound quite so congested. :pray: I had to make a spreadsheet with all his pills and the times! Some had to be taken with food, one on an empty stomach, some every 8 hours, some twice a day, two once a day and he has to be fed 4 times a day. Aaarrggh! My head was spinning!! I was so scared I would forget something. As long as they work though, I DON'T CARE.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=13737]1Chumly[/MENTION], exactly at that age do what you have to do n whatā€™s comfortable for you. :yes:

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
So glad Monty is home and doing better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Monty seems a bit better tonight. Yay! He is not drooling or coughing as much and doesn't sound quite so congested. :pray: I had to make a spreadsheet with all his pills and the times! Some had to be taken with food, one on an empty stomach, some every 8 hours, some twice a day, two once a day and he has to be fed 4 times a day. Aaarrggh! My head was spinning!! I was so scared I would forget something. As long as they work though, I DON'T CARE.

Exactly.... great move on the spreadsheet. How is he today?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Exactly.... great move on the spreadsheet. How is he today?

He seems brighter today and more alert than he has been for a while. The poor boy was probably not feeling good because of esophagus problems and we had absolutely no idea. No signs until everything fell apart. We feel awful now if that was the case but how do you know? In fact, the vet congratulated me on being aware and bringing him in quickly! Not aware enough it seems. We were putting his slowness down to old age and he has never, ever been active anyway. :*(

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
He seems brighter today and more alert than he has been for a while. The poor boy was probably not feeling good because of esophagus problems and we had absolutely no idea. No signs until everything fell apart. We feel awful now if that was the case but how do you know? In fact, the vet congratulated me on being aware and bringing him in quickly! Not aware enough it seems. We were putting his slowness down to old age and he has never, ever been active anyway. :*(

It is so hard to know... donā€™t beat yourself up, they canā€™t tell us and we have to pay attention and be in tune to their personality and look for changes. You are a kickass bully mama and donā€™t think differently.

OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
It is so hard to know... donā€™t beat yourself up, they canā€™t tell us and we have to pay attention and be in tune to their personality and look for changes. You are a kickass bully mama and donā€™t think differently.

Thank you for that! I put the drooling down to that calming powder as that was the only thing that had changed but the timing was just coincidence.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names

Itā€™s an extremely hard to understand this breed as they donā€™t show pain. To this day I still blame myself for Dukeā€™s passing. I should have brought him home instead of this non flat nose experience so call vet that basically kill Duke. I sure wouldnā€™t have put him through all her crap she did to him. At least your vet knew/knows what to do :) Iā€™m very glad Monty is better n better everyday. šŸ˜Š Love great updates!

OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
I took Monty to his bully vet today for follow-up and he was quite pleased with him. He is still drooling up a storm, we have towels everywhere, but he is not so phlegmy as he was and just the occasional cough. We are to continue with all his meds and recheck when they are done. All in all, a happy mum after a very scary Christmas!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.