Bella Bulldog

Dec 9, 2019
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Our bella has a stuffy and a runny nose. We took her to the mall on Sunday but she was in a stroller the entire time and didnā€™t come into contact with any dogs but she was on a plane on Saturday as we picked her up from the airport. Her nasal discharge is clear with bubbles and her eyes are clear and arenā€™t red. But you can tell when sheā€™s snoring that thereā€™s mucus in her nose. She tries to clear her nose. She also threw up a couple times from getting over excited after eating and drinking and there was a little bit of clear mucus in the vomit. If she doesnā€™t get better by tomorrow or if she gets worse we will take her to the vet on Thursday.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Our bella has a stuffy and a runny nose. We took her to the mall on Sunday but she was in a stroller the entire time and didnā€™t come into contact with any dogs but she was on a plane on Saturday as we picked her up from the airport. Her nasal discharge is clear with bubbles and her eyes are clear and arenā€™t red. But you can tell when sheā€™s snoring that thereā€™s mucus in her nose. She tries to clear her nose. She also threw up a couple times from getting over excited after eating and drinking and there was a little bit of clear mucus in the vomit. If she doesnā€™t get better by tomorrow or if she gets worse we will take her to the vet on Thursday.

Yes, a vet visit for sure. At her age a cold can quickly turn into pneumonia. It could be from teething too, but to be safe I would have her checked. Until then try a vaporizer by her crate while sleeping

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Yes, please take her to the vet. My boy is at the 24-hour emergency hospital as we speak. He has Aspiration Pneumonia caused by regurgitation. It can get bad very quickly so best to not take chances.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes, please take her to the vet. My boy is at the 24-hour emergency hospital as we speak. He has Aspiration Pneumonia caused by regurgitation. It can get bad very quickly so best to not take chances.

Pam... any update?

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Pam... any update?

I called last night and he had eaten a small amount without throwing up. They have him on anti-nausea meds and now steroids for a couple of days to help with his big allergy outbreak. That had started before I took him in. Never rains but it pours, right? I am leaving here in a few minutes to go and see him so hopefully I will know more then. The tech said he gave her a big slurp when she opened his cage so that was good too! I am hoping and praying that meds can help with this Hiatal Hernia.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I called last night and he had eaten a small amount without throwing up. They have him on anti-nausea meds and now steroids for a couple of days to help with his big allergy outbreak. That had started before I took him in. Never rains but it pours, right? I am leaving here in a few minutes to go and see him so hopefully I will know more then. The tech said he gave her a big slurp when she opened his cage so that was good too! I am hoping and praying that meds can help with this Hiatal Hernia.

Continued prayers... give him a big hug from me

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
The tech said he gave her a big slurp when she opened his cage so that was good too! I am hoping and praying that meds can help with this Hiatal Hernia.
Wow, youā€™ve got a lot on your b plate for sure. Hoping things get sorted soon. Merry Christmas!!!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=13737]1Chumly[/MENTION] Best thoughts for Monty-get well soon!!!!!!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=19367]Bella Bulldog[/MENTION] Go to vet and -meantime,as Chris said-vaporize, give her a little food at a time, it she eats too fast.

OP
B

Bella Bulldog

Dec 9, 2019
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
We asked her breeder what she thinks and she said that itā€™s most likely a common cold because after a vaccine her immune system gets weakened and she probably got sick on the plane. She will send us some medicine for her overnight. If her mucus turns green or she starts coughing we will take her to the vet.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
We asked her breeder what she thinks and she said that itā€™s most likely a common cold because after a vaccine her immune system gets weakened and she probably got sick on the plane. She will send us some medicine for her overnight. If her mucus turns green or she starts coughing we will take her to the vet.

If you have a diffuser at home that holes a cup of water add...

5drops of Eucalyptus
5 drops of Peppermint
5 drops of Lavender
3 drops of Lemongrass
2 drops of tea tree... leave it mist where your puppy sleeps.

My brindle Nyala as a pup had the same issue but green guk so added a bit more drops of oil. Your pup isnā€™t green but definitely ā€œdonā€™t waitā€ when it come to colds at that age. Have her check.

[MENTION=13737]1Chumly[/MENTION] A bit of great news is always good to hear... :heart::heart:

OP
B

Bella Bulldog

Dec 9, 2019
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Thank you everyone. We waited it out and she no longer has a stuffy nose or a runny nose. She chokes sometimes when she eats her food or drinks too fast but thatā€™s just bulldog stuff haha. We have some medicine for her sent by the breeder in case this happens again.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Thank you everyone. We waited it out and she no longer has a stuffy nose or a runny nose. She chokes sometimes when she eats her food or drinks too fast but thatā€™s just bulldog stuff haha. We have some medicine for her sent by the breeder in case this happens again.

Medicine like what? Get her a slow feeder if she inhales her food. Will help her a lot to slow down eating.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online